Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any Fairy stories out there about Athenry/ East Galway?

Options
  • 23-07-2013 9:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭

By total chance I gate crashed a story telling lecture of Eddie Lenihans in Athenry. It was wonderful of course. Afterwards, I asked him if he had any fairy stories set in Athenry. He said that unfortunately he didn't and only had a few stories from East Galway. I was wondering, does anyone out there have any fairy stories, perhaps something a member of their family experienced a few generations ago... or something like that? Surely Kerry & Clare dont' have the monopoly on fairy stories???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭roseagra

We were told about a black dog that guarded the castle in Athenry when we were younger.

Also many stories about the Banshee but not sure if they were specific to the location.

There might have been a story about a Lios not far from the town but I can't remember specifics.

Advertisement