Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thomond Swim

• 23-07-2013 11:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭

check out this great clip on youtube of the recent THomson Swim, great look at Limerick from an unusual angle and a great look at OW swimming!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpjBGQBjGRo

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,007 ✭✭✭mad m

I cant look at it in work, but im guessing its Vanessa....Aquaness? She wears a camera on top of her head while swimming. She is very good at it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 817 ✭✭✭2old4dacold

great video of a great swim

was my first time doing this swim, and my first experience of handicapping also
    looking forward to having another crack at it next year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,007 ✭✭✭mad m

Did it few years back, got 15+ handicap:eek: What handicap did they give you^^

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 817 ✭✭✭2old4dacold

11 mins. very harsh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭banjobongo

I have done every Thomond Swim (since they restarted the swim a few yrs ago), this is the first one I missed. Looks like it was a great swim, so Im dissappointed I missed it.
    re the handicapping, I never worry about it, its only an issue if you are think might win a cup or something. Im just doing it to see how fast my time is in comparison with other swimmers. Im usually in the 2nd last wave and I look on it as a compliment to be such a fast wave!
    I think it was a great video which is why I posted the link.
    Well done to everybody involved in making the video!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 131 ✭✭swimforever

This is indeed Vanessa's work, she has one from the Lee Swim here too: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6ScXwdS75c&feature=c4-overview&list=UUi7aEjiQgnNWEWth6lpnhmg and I think that she's doing one of the Cork distance week. She's very talented!

I was down in Thomand too last weekend. I only decided last minute to sign up, mainly because the weather was nice and I had someone to travel with! I thought that the swim was great-well organised, nice views, the water quality was good (murky, but it's fresh water so I wouldn't expect anything different) and the food after was nice (just regular finger food but plenty of it). My biggest complaint was something that they couldn't control - the warm water...I measured it at almost 25degC at one point! Give me cold water any day :) I'm also not a big fan of the handicapping system-not because I care about winning, but because I don't like having the speedies all swim over and around me at some point during the swim. I'm much happier when the people who are racing are sent off first to fight among themselves and I can do my own thing...which usually involves plenty of looking around and enjoying the sights! But that's just me, it's good to try to give everyone a shot at winning it I guess.

All in all I'd definitely recommend it as a swim to do, I was pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoyed it!

Advertisement