Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mick Murphy memorial 4m road race Sat Aug 31st Ferns, Co. Wex

Options
  • 23-07-2013 11:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭

The annual four miler organised by Sliabh Buidhe Rovers A.C. returns on Saturday August 31st at 5pm in Ferns, Co. Wexford.

There's lots of info about the race on the clubs new website www.sbrclub.com (which is being updated week by the week to include any info you'll need for race day) or Sliabh Buidhe Rovers can be found on facebook. Alternatively if anyone has any questions, I can be contacted here :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭bewleys berry

A heads up that the 9th annual Mick Murphy memorial four miler is taking place in five days in Ferns, Co. Wexford at 5pm.

Entries are flying in on www.runireland.com and with the first 200 registered runners getting a lovely tech tee shirt, we're encouraging everyone to get entering now as places are filling quickly!!

Results from the last 7 runnings of the race are now available on www.sbrclub.com under the Mick Murphy tab........

Looking forward to welcoming everyone to Ferns :)

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭eoinín

I've signed up and am really looking forward to this - there's not too many 4 milers on so I'll grab this opportunity to run one while I'm holidaying nearby!

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭bewleys berry

eoinín wrote: »
    I've signed up and am really looking forward to this - there's not too many 4 milers on so I'll grab this opportunity to run one while I'm holidaying nearby!

Good to hear Eoinin, it's going to be a great event, with music at the start and finish, chip timing, tee-shirts, bottled water at the finish, race video, lots of refreshments and great prizes in the Courtyard after, while we'll also have a large cordoned off finish area, making it a great spectacle for family/friends too :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭HelenAnne

We really enjoyed it. Thanks, Sliabh Buidhe!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭druss

Yeah, I enjoyed it too. Looking at the results, it must have been a good spectator race. That was a fairly hot pace at the front of the field! Mark Keneally beating the previous course record by over half a minute?

http://actiontiming.ie/results/mm4-registration-chip-timing/

I was nowhere near those lads but I am happy enough to have knocked a few mins of my 2012 time on the course. I'll be back for it again next year. Might get back to Ferns for the half marathon though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭HelenAnne

I was definitely nowhere near them, so it was great to see the video of the race & be able to see the front of the race when we got back to the cakes & sandwiches reception after.

Advertisement