Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Surf Wetsuit

Options
  • 23-07-2013 11:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭

Hi, I'm a cyclist doing a triathlon in a few weeks and am worried about the swim.
    I have access to a surf wetsuit only and was wondering would this be grand for the swim?

Its my first triathlon and the swim for me is just a matter of getting through it and the time isn't too important.

Does a surf wetsuit provide buoyancy? And if so would it be similar to a pull buoy?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭donegaldude

Did my first tri in a surf suit make sure the one you are getting the lend of is a 3/2 not a 5/4/3 or the likes. I'm sure it will slow you down but like me if you aren't entering to win, it will do the job. I'm not buying a swim suit until I can justify I will use it, only doing 3 tri's this year so will wait it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭trainerman

I did my first tri in a surf wetsuit. While not ideal it will get you through and will definately provide buoyancy.
    Be prepared if you haven't worn one swimming before for your upper arms and shoulders to get tired much quicker than pool swimming or swimming in a proper swimming / tri wetsuit. Get some practice in with it before hand as it will also feel strange as you'll be much higher in the water then normal.

Advertisement