Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Multimedia Drive

• 23-07-2013 11:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭

Howya lads. Had a search for this and wasnt particularly succesful at finding anything much on it. Hope theres not already a thread for this and im in the right forum etc. im looking into getting one of these http://www.pixmania.ie/ie/uk/12984611/art/we/we-matt-multimedia-hard-d.html

the plan is to have my movies stored on it for use at home. but im wondering can i take it and hook it straight up to a tv without it being connected to a computer. obviously ill have to hook it up each time i want to add files to it but for general usage it wont have to be connected to a computer will it? im hoping to bring it abroad or away on weekends etc in case we wanna watch a movie or something and dont want to have to lug a computer with us everywhere.

next part. anyone any recomendations as to which drive i should go for ? in terms of price and size im pretty happy with the one above but if anyone can point me in a better direction feel free......

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

It looks good and the price is okay (its more on amazon) but i cant find any reviews or even a video of it on youtube. Looks like it plays all file types and seems decent, but i would be wary as there is not much info or even pictures of how the interface on the tv would look like.
    sierra117x wrote: »
    but im wondering can i take it and hook it straight up to a tv without it being connected to a computer.

Yes.
    obviously ill have to hook it up each time i want to add files to it but for general usage it wont have to be connected to a computer will it?

No.

Advertisement