Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fly fishing for wild brownies on loughs shore fishing

Options
  • 24-07-2013 12:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭

Hello,

I have only fished 3 loughs i (i have spinned and daped) and i don't know what to use Etc there's thunderstorms around now (well in my Area) would that make them feed well anyways i will be fishing Small to medium lough sizes any tips i have 3 rods 4 weight(sage Zxl) and 5 weight (grey x-flite and 6 weight (airflo)
    i have fast sinking and intermediate line on 2 rods so i'm well equipped for anything. i'm really only a River fisherman
    Any tips Etc would be greatly appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭thefisherbuy

im thinking of doing this:
    Sage a team of a Daddy long legs then a wet fly (black pennel)
    then Greys x-flite with a team of two wet flies (bibio, silver invicta)
    then the other rod as a back up is that a good setup?
    any fly recommendations would help thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭stylie

During Thunder no, right after possibly. A heavy downpour can activate the top layer of a lake however very rarely do you have a good breeze for a wave after a thunder cell passes through. Had 3 go over my head last year and they glassed off the lake for half an hour each time.
    Flies for this time of year would be different Sedge patterns, Red Arsed Green Peter is my fav, Cock Robin, Golden Olive Bumble, Octopus, Daddy Longlegs, a few Mayfly patterns and a few fry imitations, Peter Ross, Zulu, Alexandria, Mar Lodge.
    TBH dapping in August with Daddys and Grasshoppers is deadly as is dry fly fishing in the evenings, using Sedge patterns.

Advertisement