Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ah here we go again AGR tank, leaking, flooding gurgling.

Options
  • 24-07-2013 1:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭

Right I graduated from a T2 to an AGR because I was having no luck with the clearomisers, it was leaking and gurgling. Now after almost a month of delightful trouble free vaping I am back to the same old issues again.

I have not changed anything that I am doing, most of my liquids are 20% VG 80% PG, I can only assume that I am either putting too many holes in for my liquid or I am making them too big. Just don't understand it as I have been doing the same thing all along, and now I am starting to have trouble. Sigh, it was going so well I was nearly off the analogs and all.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

I'm using an agr tank for last 5 weeks trouble free.
    I only punch one hole and I haven't had any flooding.

What way do u fill the tank?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

iggy wrote: »
    I'm using an agr tank for last 5 weeks trouble free.
    I only punch one hole and I haven't had any flooding.

What way do u fill the tank?

Take out the small screw then take off the whole top, fill with liquid and the slowly replace the top and slowly replace the small screw. I am punching 2 holes so I think I'll try one next time and see how it goes. Like I said was trouble free myself for almost a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Ionised

I usually only punch one hole and just fill through the fill hole with a needle bottle. Rarely get so much as a gurgle

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭StickyIcky

Two holes = gurgle.

A hole too deep = gurgle

Find the black wire going down the inside, screw the punch on the opposite side. Twist until it punches, so you hear or feel the break. Then give it only a quarter turn extra. Unscrew the punch and your done. Extra tip, I usually punch the carto when it's screwed into the locking base and the tank base is in place too, I find this helps me get the hole in the optimal position closest to the bottom of the carto as possible.

I found using a saddle valve to punch one hole better than the usual carto punch. Gives a smaller hole with no distortion.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

I bought a Kir Fanis punch months and months ago and I've never had one gurgle or leak using it. It cost 15 euro but its an excellent little punch and you turn it until it hits the stop washer. No guessing at all.

Edit: Bought it from Bargain Vapour and they had a heap of Kir Fanis stuff. Tried to find the link on the website but looks like they don't sell KF anymore....

I got one of THESE.

Best punch I've used.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

Don't think it's the punch, not yet anyway going to try and just do one hole next time and see how that goes. Strangely enough I have not had a bit of bother today using the same carto that I was usin yesterday that was flooding and leaking. If the one hole doesn't do it that I will get a different punch, thanks guys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Does the heat and humidity we are experiencing make the liquid thinner and it drips off the wick or something?

My T3s was leaking on the way home after it had been in my pocket on the Luas.

Half an hour in the cool of my garage (where my gear has been banished to since I bought five layer cake) and a quick clean and it is great again.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Yup. One more thing to think about, thank feck we're usually refrigerated.

• Advertisement
Advertisement