Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Photoshop question

Options
  • 24-07-2013 4:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭

Hi all
    I'm getting the hang off photoshop but a bit confused.
    I've been able to get the hang of removing a background from a picture.
    However lets say you have a photo of a motorbike and you are removing the background
    I can remove the background of around the object but what about the background that appears in the wheels behind spokes and In between the engine bay?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 556 ✭✭✭sligoface

Well that will be more difficult and take longer, magic wand tool and deleting will get you in the ballpark but google or YouTube search for Photoshop tutorials on removing backgrounds is your best bet.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

That is often a challenge, hair is a similar problem.
    One technique I like is to use the image colour channels to make an alpha map - or layer mask. If your bike spokes are sufficiently different from the background in, say, the blue channel you can do some manipulation of a duplicate of that channel to make a layer mask.

Here is an example from a quick google search:
    http://www.graphic-design-employment.com/cutting-out-hair-in-photoshop.html

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

blahblah06 wrote: »
    but what about the background that appears in the wheels behind spokes and In between the engine bay?

Ha. Try a motorcycle? easy. Try a group of bicyclists... eugh.

Bicycle spokes are even thinner and there's more...I once spent about a week doing that. Pixel by pixel...

Advertisement