Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Concerta/ Ritalin/ Adderall - prescription only ?

Options
  • 24-07-2013 4:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi guys,

I am prescribed Concerta which is a stimulant for people with ADD, it really does work. The thing is I should be on 90mg but my doctor keeps me on 60mg, I don't know why, my brother is younger and sees a child psychologist and also has ADD and he is on 90mg.

Anyway I don't get prescribed enough because I take an extra tablet a day to make the 90mg and run out mid month and have to wait for a new prescription then. Is there a way to purchase Concerta/ Adderall/ Ritalin besides being prescribed from your GP? Would be brilliant.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,430 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Have a heart to heart with you're doctor would be the way to go.Medical advice aint allowed here,particularly illegal advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,494 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Take what you are prescribed, not what you think is the right amount and talk to your doctor.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 kvh14

Yeah making an appointment for today with my Doctor first thing, I never really asked my doctor to up my dosage because he always suggested that I should only be using these tablets as a temporary measure so didn't want to push it. It might not be a problem at all :) Sorry I know this post must look dodgy, swear I'm not a drug addict haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

I'm in two minds about this.
    Ireland's nanny state problem is completely out of control (WTFH at not being able to buy tribulus for example?!) and far too many things are prescription only especially for example when you look at sports supplements and compare what's legal here to even NI or the UK, it's ridiculous.

On the other hand... Stuff like adderall etc, I would absolutely hate to see a situation developing here in which parents started to give these to little boys because they have too much energy for being mini professors in their pre-teens. The situation in the states over ADHD panic is absolutely horrifying, children are essentially being medicated to make them stop being children, and this is literally the last thing Ireland needs...

This is why we can't have nice things.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,870 ✭✭✭mikeruurds

You can add St. John's Wort (anti-depression) and Ginkgo Biloba (dementia treatment and nootropic) to your Tribulus example. Relatively harmless herbs that are OTC everywhere else and used as an alternative to prescription meds but outlawed in Ireland.

Nanny state indeed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,339 ✭✭✭Artful_Badger

Take a few lines of speed, same thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,603 ✭✭✭✭Penn

kvh14 wrote: »
    Sorry I know this post must look dodgy

Yes. It does.

Thread locked. No medical advice allowed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement