Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Facebook friend request limit

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Databasing for events is a skill, not just a case of adding as many randomers as possible (the people who are good at it know the former, the people that are bad think the latter). I've worked with event companies that have multiple accounts of 5,000 people with their pages and the several thousands of people who've accepted them couldn't give a **** about their events (that regularly bomb).

No offence OP, but the best advice I could give you is to try another career. People who don't 'get' events & marketing never end up making money off them so you're just annoying people online and wasting their time with stuff they're already telling you they don't care about. It's either that or spend countless hours promoting nights that attract 50-60 odd people and lose money. Up to you really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Don't be a spammer OP.
    No-one likes a spammer.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 207 ✭✭StrugglingSoul

I'm gradually getting many friends. I have over 20 now!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Feathers

SpaceTime wrote: »
    You should be looking at ways of getting people to share your event. You could offer a prize or if your event is interesting enough they might even share it spontaneously.

That's against T&C too, IIRC.

OP, the phrase 'all publicity is good publicity' was based around stuff like Michael O'Leary getting in the paper for saying he'll charge people to use the loo; not spamming everyone you can find online. Same rules don't apply.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Chin Stroker

SpaceTime wrote: »
    A guy I know from college was asked to explain every contact on his FB account by US Homeland Security having entered the states!

You'd want to be careful who you add these days.

that made me lol :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭johnny_knoxvile

OP needs to get with Bebo...a lot more user friendly!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Facebook In Blocking Spamming Idiots Shocker

Advertisement