Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zxyel Router

Options
  • 24-07-2013 9:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭

I have a zyxel router but it keeps dropping the connection to my Seagate GoFlex attached storage, how difficult would be for me to connect to the service if I was to buy a new router and if I had to buy a new router is there a certain functions and features that I would need on it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭gerryk

If you're not an eFibre customer, and you have the black Zyxel, Eircom have replaced this with a new model, that, in my experience, works well. They replaced mine FoC, so a call to them might be in order.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

s_macmahon wrote: »
    I have a zyxel router but it keeps dropping the connection to my Seagate GoFlex attached storage, how difficult would be for me to connect to the service if I was to buy a new router and if I had to buy a new router is there a certain functions and features that I would need on it?

Hi s_macmahon

What model Zyxel do you have at the moment.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭s_macmahon

Hi s_macmahonWhat model Zyxel do you have at the moment.Thanks, Mark
    i'll check Mark and come back to you later.

P-660HW-T1 V3 is the model number on the bottom of the modem.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭gerryk

Yeah, that's the ****ty black one. The difference between that and the new one is like day and night. The new one has none of the DSL instability, and none of the wifi issues. I am looking at 60+ days with no issues, which is the longest time I have gone without a reboot since April 2011.

• Advertisement

gerryk wrote: »
    Yeah, that's the ****ty black one. The difference between that and the new one is like day and night. The new one has none of the DSL instability, and none of the wifi issues. I am looking at 60+ days with no issues, which is the longest time I have gone without a reboot since April 2011.
    thanks Gerry for that.

Eircom??

thanks Gerry for that.

Eircom??

Hi s_macmahon

Thanks for getting back. I just wanted to make sure you were using the older Zyxel modem that eircom provided.

If you call broadband technical support on 1890 260 260 (with the eircom account number) They can arrange to replacement Zyxel D100 (no charge).

Thanks, Mark

Hi s_macmahonThanks for getting back. I just wanted to make sure you were using the older Zyxel modem that eircom provided.If you call broadband technical support on 1890 260 260 (with the eircom account number) They can arrange to replacement Zyxel D100 (no charge).Thanks, Mark
    that's great thanks. I'll ring them tonight.

that's great thanks. I'll ring them tonight.
    No worries : )

Advertisement