Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

losingt internet connection (vodafone)

• 24-07-2013 10:36am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 549 ✭✭✭

Hi all
    My internet connection keeps disappearing, heres the symptoms.

Working ok and close browser. Return to pc later to find cannot display page etc etc.
    Open network but modem not showing (its normally there Huawei HG658c).
    Open device manager and network card working properly up to date and pc does not put modem to sleep.
    At the same time wireless works ok and internet light green on modem.
    Now if I restart pc then its there and works ok.
    It seems to be a random thing but does happen sometimes mid-use, and appears to happen more frequently (it may be my imagination) after my son logs out of minecraft.
    I do use open dns an k9 but don't know if that relevant.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I do not want to have to ring Vodafone.
    Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭crawler

unit 1 wrote: »
    Hi all
    My internet connection keeps disappearing, heres the symptoms.

Working ok and close browser. Return to pc later to find cannot display page etc etc.
    Open network but modem not showing (its normally there Huawei HG658c).
    Open device manager and network card working properly up to date and pc does not put modem to sleep.
    At the same time wireless works ok and internet light green on modem.
    Now if I restart pc then its there and works ok.
    It seems to be a random thing but does happen sometimes mid-use, and appears to happen more frequently (it may be my imagination) after my son logs out of minecraft.
    I do use open dns an k9 but don't know if that relevant.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I do not want to have to ring Vodafone.
    Thanks in advance.

the folks over at the VF boards.ie site can also help

http://www.boards.ie/ttforum/1270

But very likely to be the Wireless LAN card software in the laptop/PC just needs updating - in particular if using Windows 8 - ASUS in particular

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 549 ✭✭✭unit 1

Sorry forgot to mention its a wired connection to the pc.

Advertisement