Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ACER Aspire V5-121 11.6" Laptop

Comments

That looks awful tbh, not too sure why you think that's a good bargain.

If you're looking for something in that price bracket I'd recommend this via PM.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

If you're looking for something in that price bracket I'd recommend this via PM.
    That's nearly a hundred quid more :confused:

It's actually a fine little laptop for that price, I don't see how it's 'awful'?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 226 ✭✭chopsey

if you just need it for surfing the net and updating your itunes and not much else then its a grand little netbook i wouldnt go as far as to say its a laptop to be fair.

not a fan of AMD processors but you get what you pay for just dont expect miracles from it.

Tallon wrote: »

It's actually a fine little laptop for that price, I don't see how it's 'awful'?

It's a little over €50 more. If you're going to be getting a laptop might as well spend a tiny bit more for a better processor, ram, hard drive, weight, basically everything.

And it's not a bargain as similar spec'd laptops are the same price everywhere.

Edit: Also I think you misinterpreted me. When I say I think it's 'awful' I mean I think it's an awful bargain alert, not that it's an awful price. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭bidiots

It is awful, 2gig of Ram with Win8 is not a pleasant experience. The other laptop, although 50 quid more expensive, is a far superior piece of kit.

• Advertisement

One is €289, the other is €350 with parcel motel

It's fine for that price and in a bricks and mortor shop, but I agree it's not a 'bargain alert'

It's just a 'fine' laptop like I said :)

One is €289, the other is €350 with parcel motel

It's fine for that price and in a bricks and mortor shop, but I agree it's not a 'bargain alert'

It's just a 'fine' laptop like I said :)

I think you'll find that €350 -€289 is closer to €50 that €100. :p

If you buy the OP's laptop rather than something like I recommended for a little more you'll end up regretting it.

But yes, OP is clearly looking for a laptop recommendation rather than posting a bargain alert, thread should be moved yonder.

I think you'll find that €350 -€289 is closer to €50 that €100. :p

If you buy the OP's laptop rather than something like I recommended for a little more you'll end up regretting it.

But yes, OP is clearly looking for a laptop recommendation rather than posting a bargain alert, thread should be moved yonder.
    I thought PM was a lot more, I didn't realise it was so cheap... I thought it would bring the price up a lot more :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

That looks pretty slick, I'm not even particularly looking for a laptop but I'm tempted. Thanks.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Package

well, yeah that is more expensive, so for the money, its decent?? if you add money onto it, where do ya stop, add another 50,, sure another 50,, another 20, blah.
    chopsey wrote: »
    if you just need it for surfing the net and updating your itunes and not much else then its a grand little netbook i wouldnt go as far as to say its a laptop to be fair.

not a fan of AMD processors but you get what you pay for just dont expect miracles from it.

well im not looking to create home movies with or play video games, so just MS office work and stuff with the odd movie online thrown in.

although thank for the input,, i think ill get something like this alright

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Acer-Aspire-V5-Intel-Core-i3-14-inch-6GB-500GB-/360693842617?clk_rvr_id=503464714917

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 226 ✭✭chopsey

if you are going to be doing some MS office work then the larger screen would be better, i bought a 10" netbook a few years back and even though its a grand little machine i mainly just use it for downloading and general bits and pieces cause the screen would do your head in if you are trying to read off it its just a bit small.

ended up going to a 17" laptop and have to say its great.

good luck with whatever you get and i'm sure it'll be fine whatever it is

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

The c70 is a pretty poor CPU as well, fine for movies, and just about passable for general use in my opinion. I have an old Netbook with the C-60 and the only thing it's good for without being a pain is XBMC. If you're doing anything for any length of time, be it work related, college, recreational browsing, whatever, I'd definitely recommend a faster processor and a larger screen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

seeing as you won't need a dedicated video card as you won't be doing video processing/playing games, Amazon has the same laptop with 4gb RAM and a 500GB hard drive for the same price (£249/€289):
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00CFHP6EG/ref=noref?ie=UTF8&psc=1&s=computers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

seeing as you won't need a dedicated video card as you won't be doing video processing/playing games, Amazon has the same laptop with 4gb RAM and a 500GB hard drive for the same price (£249/€289):
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00CFHP6EG/ref=noref?ie=UTF8&psc=1&s=computers

The c-70 has on die graphics, neither laptop has 'dedicated' graphics.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

For whatever reason, a lot of the Acer V5 series seem to be fairly low, or have dropped in price.

But that aside, the big hint that it couldn't have been a 'bargain' was that the URL said Currys and ie.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00CM1AAP0/
    http://www.amazon.fr/dp/B00CV19KRK/
    http://www.european-gate.com/achat/492014-acer-aspire-v5-121-c72g32nbb-netbook-pas-cher-4712196724719.html#axzz2a9QRWcG4

I did see a fair few more all around the same price.
    It seems that laptops in general can be bought for some amazing prices (Especially compared to a couple of years ago.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

Tesco have this now at €279 if anyone interested, ACER Aspire V5-121 11.6" Laptop

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,625 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

The original link from the OP is expired.

Advertisement