Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summervilles...

Options
  • 24-07-2013 11:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,119 ✭✭✭

Whats going on with Summervilles? The place has lost its charm and comfort with so many extra seats now packed in! They also seem to have lost their sense of customer service - a recent visit and a request for a sandwich was met with a "we've sold out", with no offering of actually making something fresh. Went down to the harbour to the Spendlove's (?) place and a request for strawberries and cream, by comparison, was met with a "we've run out, but if you can wait a few minutes, someone has gone for more...."

Summervilles were running evening tapas for a while, but gave it up due to lack of custom. They will be losing their daytime custom if they keep this up...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭cocker5

homer911 wrote: »
    Whats going on with Summervilles? The place has lost its charm and comfort with so many extra seats now packed in! They also seem to have lost their sense of customer service - a recent visit and a request for a sandwich was met with a "we've sold out", with no offering of actually making something fresh. Went down to the harbour to the Spendlove's (?) place and a request for strawberries and cream, by comparison, was met with a "we've run out, but if you can wait a few minutes, someone has gone for more...."

Summervilles were running evening tapas for a while, but gave it up due to lack of custom. They will be losing their daytime custom if they keep this up...

Personally from my experience i not keen on the place. I was in here 4 years ago for lunch, it reminded me of an attempt at "avoca style food" a bad attempt at that, to be honest i thought it better suited to older people.

Its not a patch on the other places to eat in Greystones...

• Registered Users Posts: 21,465 ✭✭✭✭Alun

I agree. I've only been in there once and it felt very crowded, and the food, despite all the hype in the menu, was mediocre at best.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭pgmcpq

Have to say, as someone who visits Greystones once a year and eats breakfast there daily while in town, I really like the place.

It does depend on when you get there - when the next door church lets out it fills up. It is noticeably more crowded than ten years ago - but what in Greystones is not. In over ten years I can only remember not getting a seat once.

I was last there in late May - has it changed since ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

homer911 wrote: »

Hi homer,

It would probably be better if you aired your grievances with Summervilles to give them an opportunity correct any potential problems.

The chances of them coming here and seeing this is very slim and has the potential to damage their business. This is a public world wide forum!

Customer feedback with the an opportunity to rectify mistakes is key to any business success!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭Cerco

cocker5 wrote: »
    Personally from my experience i not keen on the place. I was in here 4 years ago for lunch, it reminded me of an attempt at "avoca style food" a bad attempt at that, to be honest i thought it better suited to older people.

Its not a patch on the other places to eat in Greystones...

Interesting thought. So you feel the food is not up to standard but suitable for older people?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭Jimjay

I was saying exactly same just the other day. we were regulars there but have since taken our custom to kilquade and pebbles. Its only the past couple of months or so the place seems to have changed, hard to put a finger on what but the staff, decor and even the food just are not as good as they used to be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

There's a garden out back..which me and my friends always have our coffees or whatever in. In this is sun its lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭Maudi

There's a garden out back..which me and my friends always have our coffees or whatever in. In this is sun its lovely.

As someone who finds/looks for faults in every fkn single episode of daily life (or so im told)i actually like smvilles...coffees good.waters cold.staff are v.efficent..them and that i
    T.i guy get my bidness.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭worded

Got them to make a load of takeaway food for a family event and it was 10 out of 10. Amazing lasagne / chic pie etc.

I like the place but havnt been in the area in a while

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭cocker5

Cerco wrote: »
    Interesting thought. So you feel the food is not up to standard but suitable for older people?

Maybe "suited" was the incorrect word to use, what I actually meant was it more like food that I have seen served in an old folks home. Most of the time older people don't complain they just accept the way things are.... thats what i meant. Sloppy salads, not very fresh looking, prepacked sandwiches, I had lasagne it wasnt great, with a very poor salad etc... and not cheap for the quality of food.

Just to make a point im not suggesting old people should be served food like this, Im just saying its along the lines of what I have seen in my Granny's nursing home.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,119 ✭✭✭homer911

《《《Snip》》》

Mod: Hearsay removed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement