Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BTEA is the way to go if I can get it???

Options
  • 24-07-2013 11:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭

Hi Boarders
    I have read a few other posts and was just looking for clarification as the websites for the dept of social welfare are out of date:rolleyes:
    I get Illness benefit & was looking at applying for the student grant but now think I would be better off on BTEA
    Anyone have any real life information to support this theory???
    I have the documentation for both the grant and the BTEA ready to post but dont want to post both - if I do I can always cancel one I supose?

Any Advice?:)
    Sue

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭the deftone

You can apply for both. However you cant apply for the maintenance part of the student grant if you are also applying for BTEA. The student grant can still pay for your fees though. BTEA is better than maintenance for a number of reasons. Its paid weekly instead of in big installments. It works out as a lot more money. You can even work part time on BTEA, and work or claim JA during the summer months.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭sugoo69

Cheers Deftone - both applied for had a great chat with the BTEA people hey explained it all so I can get it and work and its fixed for the duration of the course so looking good.

Advertisement