Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Buying a mobile phone from Amazon.de

• 24-07-2013 11:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭

Hi, has anyone ever bought a Sim-Free mobile phone from Amazon in Germany?

I have a few concerns:-

1. Is there any issue with power supply or charging - i would assume you would get a European 2 pin plug but will our 3 pin charger work the same without causing any long term damage?

2. Is Irish Vat and Duty paid? I need this because i can claim the Vat back in Ireland (we are registered).

3. Is there any difference to the phone that would be bought here or in the UK?

The phone i am looking at is the GS4 and it seems to be the best price online with them...

Thanks in advance...

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,942 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

I can answer 1 and 3

1:

The GS4 (and pretty much all smartphones today with the exception of the iPhone) is charged with a micro usb cable. The other end of the cable is a standard USB port that can be plugged into and charged from a PC or using any standard USB wall plug charger that you can buy very cheap online or extensively in most electronic and mobile shops.

3:

There is no difference at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

You can enter your VAT number under the account information and pay ex-vat once they check your VAT number.

As there is no physical keyboard on it the phone will basically be the same German will obviously be the default language but language selection is the first choice screen anyway so it won't make a difference

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭Wudyaquit

A lot of German sellers don't send out of Germany

Advertisement