Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mystery POS charge: MYKIDST-EUR

Options
  • 24-07-2013 12:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi all,

I'm having trouble identifying a debit card charge that's appeared on my bank statement.
    The point of sale is given as POS-MYKIDST-EUR.

Does anyone know what vendor that code corresponds to?

Many thanks for any help!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭coathanger

Hi There,
    Contact your bank, they have a specific dept that will be able to tell what this transaction relates to...

• Registered Users Posts: 6 blootone

Thanks, coathanger.

I've called the bank and they're checking it out (but that takes 48 hours!).
    If I get an answer I'll post it here in case anyone else has the same conundrum in future.

Have you bought anything of/via the website mykidstime.ie? Thats the first name that struck me when I saw your OP?

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

POS would stand for point of sale, no? As in a card payment online or real life?

Oryx wrote: »
    POS would stand for point of sale, no? As in a card payment online or real life?

Yes, it does.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

Surely you know what shops you have bought goods in recently and the amount spent ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Le_Dieux

Another thing here....HTF can it take a bank 48 hours to say what a charge is?

I'm NOT criticising You OP, it's the bank I'm on about!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Did you buy anything on line from MyKidsTime. Maybe pay for a camp for the Kids or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

This is no more than a guess, but I wonder if is anything to do with a Kindle?

MYK - Manage Your Kindle (It's a term used on the Amazon Kindle page)

IDStore - Maybe a generic ID for a retailer which hasn't set up a correct ID.

Anyway, I hope you get an answer from the bank. It is annoying to see unusual transactions on a Visa statement. It wouldn't kill the charge issuer to put their name on the statement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

it looks like a difference between STerling-Euro for something which is possibly as Skid X said to do with your Kindle account.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Any update, OP?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 blootone

The bank finally got back to me on Wednesday (so quite a bit past the 48 hour mark).
    It is indeed the MyKidsTime website (based in Oranmore, apparently). Another family member had made some bookings through the site, using my card, for Belvedere House.
    I hadn't realised that the transaction had gone through that site. Hence my confusion...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

What do I win for guessing right?.

ken wrote: »
    What do I win for guessing right?.

Eh, nothing, cos I said it first!!!!!!!! :P

Advertisement