Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Price of a Pint in Sweeneys

Options
  • 24-07-2013 1:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭

Howiya everyone,

I'm no longer living in Dublin so don't go out there very much any more. Anyway I was in Sweeneys on Dame Street there last weekend and a pint of any 'branded' beer as opposed to their own brew was €5.50. Is this a new price or has it gone up? I could have sworn it used to be at least a euro cheaper there back in April/May of 2012. It seems an awful lot for a single pint.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Howiya everyone,

I'm no longer living in Dublin so don't go out there very much any more. Anyway I was in Sweeneys on Dame Street there last weekend and a pint of any 'branded' beer as opposed to their own brew was €5.50. Is this a new price or has it gone up? I could have sworn it used to be at least a euro cheaper there back in April/May of 2012. It seems an awful lot for a single pint.

Maybe they just put up the price, because it was the weekend?

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭NoCrackHaving

Lars1916 wrote: »
    Maybe they just put up the price, because it was the weekend?

Ah good point, didn't think of that, still felt very ripped off mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,466 ✭✭✭✭cson

There's an idea for a thread in here; price of a pint in Dublin? It'd be cool to have a little database of prices.

Harbourmaster in IFSC have one of my favourite beers; Blue Moon on offer @ €3.50 a pint this month. Its €4.20 a pint in there for the usuals on a Friday. Bleeding Horse have Tiger for €4 a pint at the moment, Everleigh Gardens have Tiger for €4 a pint on a Thursday.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭Academic

cson wrote: »
    There's an idea for a thread in here; price of a pint in Dublin? It'd be cool to have a little database of prices.

I agree.

The website dublinpubscene.com used to do this but they seem to have disappeared. Pity, it was a very useful site with a huge database of pubs.

Cheers,

Ac

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭68Murph68

Seems like publin.ie needs to work on their pub-li-city.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭sticksman

Publin have a twitter page it's usually good to promote the offers in bars and clubs.

https://twitter.com/publinie

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

diceys on a tuesday - all pints 2e, maybe 2.50, same for jagerbombs

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭ScottSF

Paying over €5 for a mass produced beer in Dublin feels so wrong.

How much of the price of a pint goes to taxes?

I am happy to pay more for an Irish craft brew (always choose it over the name brands) or a unique import. I am more likely to buy another pint in a pub as opposed to moving on to someplace else when the price seems fair.

I like the way the Bull & Castle post their pint prices for everyone to see with specials on some. That leads to fewer surprises and better decision making.

Advertisement