Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

S3 connection to TV

• 24-07-2013 1:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

I have an Samsung Galaxy S3 which I am trying to hook up to my Samsung 46" 1080 TV.
    I have the proper samsung connector and a good HDMI cable. I am rooting it through a Pioneer surround sound system. All my stuff (TV, PS3, DVD etc) are rooted through the pioneer and are working fine. The problem is i can get a picture and sound from the S3 but it is playing in slow motion.
    I tried turning off other apps to no avail. Is TV to big for S3 to handle ?.
    Any help would be much appreciated.

Comments

Are you running a custom rom? Some people using have reported similar things on different phones. Also, do you have the phone plugged into the mains?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 joeter

Its hooked up to mains and not running custom rom.

It's certainly not too big, I have a cheap Chinese adapter running just fine from my Note 2 to a big tv. Is your adapter definitely genuine? Does the video play in slow motion on the phone at the same time too?

It looks genuine. It came in a sealed Samsung box. The video does play slow on the S3 screen too, but only when i connect HDMI cable. Otherwise the Phone works fine. Can't figure it. P.s. read similar but no joy.

Sorted. Connect MHL Adapter to spare Hdmi on TV not your surround system. Then connect TV to surround system via Hdmi. Now turn on tv and source Hdmi connected to your S3. Turn on surround system and source Hdmi connected to tv. It worked for me. it seems the problem was the Pioneer system i have is not compatible with a direct connection from S3. But will work when coming from TV. Hope this helps others.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41 chelskifan

Hi Lads,
    I was thinking of getting a HDMI adaptor but for viewing 'streaming content' instead of video/pics. Will it transfer streaming content as well as video/pics ?

Thanks for any advice.

Yes. It will mirror what is on your phone to your TV, so if you can stream it on the phone it will mirror on the TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 chelskifan

Thanks Aristotle:)

Advertisement