Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

refused to pay for vague reading

Options
  • 24-07-2013 2:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 556 ✭✭✭

Had a reading today which I thought was going to be a psychic reading, when I got there it turns out to be a card reading with no less than four different decks used and all of it was so extremely vague or inaccurate that I refused to pay. For example, I was told that I would get a new job, where I would wear 'a shirt and slacks'. Well I am a man, it's not often that I would go anywhere without a shirt or slacks on, and most companies have pretty strict rules about being clothed when you show up to work. When pressed for more info about this job I was told I would be on the phone and do paperwork. The guy just kept flipping over card after card till he had used nearly very single one and making up stories from the pictures on the card that were complete waffle and could apply to any one, couldn't tell me one single thing about my current life that was accurate or specific. When he did try to get specific he got things completely wrong. One of the cards he flipped over had a fella with two dogs on it, I have two dogs myself but he actually completely ignored that card. My gf was sitting next to me and he flipped over a card that said 'new love' on it so he just covered it up with another one it was actually hilarious.
    My gf was a bit embarrassed when I told him I thought the reading was vague and that I was disappointed with it to the point I wouldn't be paying for it, but does any one really think that something like that is worth 40 euro? I would have felt like such a sucker if I paid for it.

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Good for you for not paying. More people should do that, although in the interests of fairness, it is best to stop the reading early if its not working.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Senor Willy

Most of them are frauds anyway.

You sound like an intelligent person so he probably could not fish from you. My wife stopped a reading and almost threw the b****d
    out of the house. I went first and I told her everything he was going to say. Was the guy from Clondalkin by chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭King Mallie

i agreewith oryx if you think it sh.t then tell the guys early on and leave. But if you sit through the whole 30 mins then he deserve to get some payment.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭solas111

sligoface wrote: »
    Had a reading today which I thought was going to be a psychic reading, when I got there it turns out to be a card reading with no less than four different decks used and all of it was so extremely vague or inaccurate that I refused to pay. For example, I was told that I would get a new job, where I would wear 'a shirt and slacks'. Well I am a man, it's not often that I would go anywhere without a shirt or slacks on, and most companies have pretty strict rules about being clothed when you show up to work. When pressed for more info about this job I was told I would be on the phone and do paperwork. The guy just kept flipping over card after card till he had used nearly very single one and making up stories from the pictures on the card that were complete waffle and could apply to any one, couldn't tell me one single thing about my current life that was accurate or specific. When he did try to get specific he got things completely wrong. One of the cards he flipped over had a fella with two dogs on it, I have two dogs myself but he actually completely ignored that card. My gf was sitting next to me and he flipped over a card that said 'new love' on it so he just covered it up with another one it was actually hilarious.
    My gf was a bit embarrassed when I told him I thought the reading was vague and that I was disappointed with it to the point I wouldn't be paying for it, but does any one really think that something like that is worth 40 euro? I would have felt like such a sucker if I paid for it.

You were right - never pay €40.
    I'll spin you a good yarn for €20 or €30 for both yourself and the gf.

Advertisement