Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Availability of Fibre

Options
  • 24-07-2013 2:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭

Hi I checked a few weeks ago using the online checker and was told that eFibre would be available sometime from July to September this year. Now it's saying "Your home is not in a fibre-enabled area yet...". 

We are still covered on the map as being ready for July-Sept. Can you tell me any more about this?
    But we might still be able to offer you our alternative broadband services

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Hi I checked a few weeks ago using the online checker and was told that eFibre would be available sometime from July to September this year. Now it's saying "Your home is not in a fibre-enabled area yet...". 

We are still covered on the map as being ready for July-Sept. Can you tell me any more about this?

Hi bikerboy_ie

Can you DM your address or tel no: and I will look into it for you.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Greylor

I had the same problem. Mullingar is showing as fully active, and the house that I am looking to buy is near the centre of the map (outside of the town itself, but still only about 1/3 of the displayed radius on the map from the exchange).

I put the phone number onto the webtool on the Eircom site and it says that I can't get fiber. Then I had about 3 people in customer service tell me that fiber hasn't been activated yet in Mullingar, and should be in the next few weeks. So either customer service is not fully informed, or the map is a lie.

It is deeply concerning as solid broadband is a major factor for me, and when you're looking at buying a house it is kind of imperative to be able to get good information. I know the house is on the Mullingar exchange, but it can only get 4mb (3 stable) on the copper lines, so if the eFiber thing isn't actually going to happen for the house then I really need to know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Hi bikerboy,

I Got your PM thanks. I checked with the efibre roll out team and they could not give a more specific date or time frame as to when your local cabinet or address is connected.

* The efibre map is for illustrative purpose only and not all homes within the eFibre area can avail of the service. Specific address must be checked to ensure eFibre can be supplied.

Which is why we have the telephone number / line checker.

I appreciate it could be clearer, sorry I could not get back with some definitive news.

Mark

Advertisement