Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free editing software req

Options
  • 24-07-2013 2:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Can anyone suggest a simple free editing software programme that I can install on Win XP. The free movie editing software they have, isn't compatible with XP. I've tried downloading Kate's Video Toolkit as recommended by Techradar, but can't seem to get it to work.

It's just for simple editing with sound but maybe captions could be useful.

Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

FLOOPER wrote: »
    Hi,

Can anyone suggest a simple free editing software programme that I can install on Win XP. The free movie editing software they have, isn't compatible with XP. I've tried downloading Kate's Video Toolkit as recommended by Techradar, but can't seem to get it to work.

It's just for simple editing with sound but maybe captions could be useful.

Thanks.

Windows Movie Maker has an XP version available, have you tried that? Also make sure your video card drivers are up to date

Nick

Advertisement