Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

non Apple iPhone user or owner wondering....

Options
  • 24-07-2013 2:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭

...if a friend of mine has just purchased a new iPhone and wants to transfer his music from his old iPhone to his new iPhone.
    Can this be done?
    Im an android user, and Windows, and i can do this quite easily. Don't even know where i would start in Apple or with apple devices. I thought this would be my first port of call.
    If any kind soul could help.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

You should sync your new phone with your iTunes which should have all your music anyway. If you have changed computers or otherwise have lost your music you can use a progrem called Sharepod to get the music off the old iPhone, add it to iTunes library and sync again.

It's really a bit of a pain and Android handles it the way it should be handled but that's iPhones.

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭looperman1000

thanks man.
    When he unplugs his old iPhone his music dissapears, this is the issue.
    What would he need to do? It's same PC he uses all the time.
    I will get him Sharepod as well anyways?
    NothingMan wrote: »
    You should sync your new phone with your iTunes which should have all your music anyway. If you have changed computers or otherwise have lost your music you can use a progrem called Sharepod to get the music off the old iPhone, add it to iTunes library and sync again.

It's really a bit of a pain and Android handles it the way it should be handled but that's iPhones.

thanks man.
    When he unplugs his old iPhone his music dissapears, this is the issue.
    What would he need to do? It's same PC he uses all the time.
    I will get him Sharepod as well anyways?

Is he sure he's looking in Music Library and not on the phone library? Music may well already be there.

If it's not. Then SHarepod allows you to copy the music off.

Sharepod is the binness! thanks a million man. Worked a treat

Whats story with apps he has already downloaded? Does he have to buy them again?

Once the music has been copied over to his new iPhone using Sharepod, can he then start up iTunes and sync his tunes on his new iPhone?

• Advertisement

Nothingman, can this be done?
    "Once the music has been copied over to his new iPhone using Sharepod, can he then start up iTunes and sync his tunes on his new iPhone?"

Nothingman, can this be done?
    "Once the music has been copied over to his new iPhone using Sharepod, can he then start up iTunes and sync his tunes on his new iPhone?"

Use sharepod to get the music, put it in a folder and add that folder to iTunes and use iTunes to put the music on the iPhone. How I would do it anyway.

As for Apps and contacts etc. If he has signed up with iCloud make sure his old phone has a current backup to iCloud, and then restore the new phone from iCloud, not set it up as a new phone.

thanks a lot. appreciate all your help

Advertisement