Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Response Alarms.Which one?

Options
  • 24-07-2013 3:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭

Hi, considering an alarm system for a duplex apartment.Thinking of one of those wireless ones with a main control box/panel linked to sensors around the rooms.Could anyone offer some advice as to brand, price, etc.Also, easy to self install would be good too.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Jnealon

ankaragucu wrote: »
    Response Alarms.Which one?
    I'd stay away from them.
    Have a read of the sticky at the top of the forum, Visonic would be good for a diy install

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Jnealon wrote: »
    I'd stay away from them.
    Have a read of the sticky at the top of the forum, Visonic would be good for a diy install

+1 to all of that.Look over the suppliers sticky.
    Northwood technology stock Visonic.

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭ankaragucu

Actually guys I didn't mean the company CALLED Response Alarms (not that I'd ever heard of them) I meant an alarm system that works by response, you know to movement.
    I'll check out Visonic as you both recommended.
    Thanks.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

If you mean by using motion detection then I would recommend using sensors and contacts on the perimeter first. With PiRs someone has to be in your house before the alarm activates. By then the damage is done.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

ankaragucu wrote: »
    Actually guys I didn't mean the company CALLED Response Alarms (not that I'd ever heard of them) I meant an alarm system that works by response, you know to movement.
    I'll check out Visonic as you both recommended.
    Thanks.

I would also have a look at the Quantum 70. There is a comparison thread here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Evolution1

The HKC quantum is a nice little kit for an apartment.
    Has the option for voice dialling or SMS already included so it will work with UPC , eircom , Vodafone , WiMAX ect .

You get
    2 RF PIRs
    1 RF door sensor
    1 RFwindow sensor
    1 Keyfob
    Optional RF bell box

Visonics gear is nice too
    Or look at GSDs i70

Has anyone used the GSDs i70 yet?

altor wrote: »
    Has anyone used the GSDs i70 yet?

Don't think so :P
    All the hype and no info

Evolution1 wrote: »
    Don't think so :P
    All the hype and no info

Anyone I have asked has not. Be good to hear reports off anyone who has installed this system. Good or bad all welcome :)

altor wrote: »
    Anyone I have asked has not. Be good to hear reports off anyone who has installed this system. Good or bad all welcome :)

I'm afraid to buy one incase it's not all it seems to be .
    Don't want to be stuck with it .

• Advertisement

Evolution1 wrote: »
    I'm afraid to buy one incase it's not all it seems to be .
    Don't want to be stuck with it .

I know Koolkid said he was going to be using them so be interesting to see what feedback he had if he did.

Hi Guys,
    Just an update here. I am limited by an NDA as to what I can say...
    I,m holding out for a full working kit with IP and app up and running.
    The IP and app is the main feature here , so I don't see the point of installing without that.
    Hope this will be ready in the next week or 2.

Advertisement