Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Giving up work to study? What financial support might you receive?

Options
  • 24-07-2013 3:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi my friend is 20 years old and has never attended college, she is currently working full time but wants to give up work to go to college. She does not live at home and has no contact with her father, only her mother. would she be able to recieve any type of grant scheme etc?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭SolitaireX

She will receive free fees, that's it, other than that she's on her own.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,065 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

If she wants to apply for a grant they would assess it on her income and her mothers. She cannot be assessed as an independent mature student until she is 23.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Advertisement