Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

benefits of btea

Options
  • 24-07-2013 4:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭

What are the benefits of applying for btea if i'll be getting the same as jobseekers allowance. Do i HAVE to apply or can i just stay on jobseekers allowance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭shawki

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭goob20s

I've been accepted as a mature student, but if theres no cost of eduction allowance will that come out of my own savings.

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭shawki

That was a €300 payment that you could spend whatever way you want but it's gone now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭SuperInfinity

All these forms and applications... sometimes it seems like a job in itself!

• Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

goob20s wrote: »
    What are the benefits of applying for btea if i'll be getting the same as jobseekers allowance. Do i HAVE to apply or can i just stay on jobseekers allowance.

You have to apply and if you want the 2500 euro fee paid you have to apply for a SUSI grant to pay it. The closing date for SUSI grants is August 1st

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Marsden

It saves you having to miss lectures to go and sign on or collect in the post office, also you won't get called to go to FAS or called up for council work. There's no reason at all to stay on job seekers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭rob w

You cant stay on job seekers, if they find that you are on js allowance while studying you will be taken off it and probably be considered as fraudulently claiming benefits your not entitled to.

Also, if you stay on jobseekers your stamps will eventually run out meaning you will be means tested and probably end up with smaller/no allowance.

Finally, you can work part time on btea without affecting your payment whatsoever, something you cant do on jobseekers.

Your btea payment will last for the duration of your course, js allowance wont, as mentioned above!

Advertisement