Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

10 inch tablet

• 24-07-2013 4:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

I intended to buy a tablet a few months ago, did the research and picked a few models but got delayed. Now im looking again and I see a few more have been released. So ill start again.

Required:
    10 inch.
    Hdmi out. usb in/or space for 64 micro sd so on board storage is not a deal breaker

Basically it will replace my dying laptop which is currently used for web surfing. and downloading/watching media.
    It will be plugged into the TV via HDMI for viewing.

Camera not needed. 3g, a plus but not requirement same for bluetooth
    10 inches for reading comics and viewing movies, so decent resolution.

Have no brand loyalty, so happy to go Chinese if a decent reseller is recommended.

What is the best in different price ranges? Im willing to stretch the budget if it's substantially better but I'm looking for around €150-€200 max.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭thegreatiam

bump, Will probably order this week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭theUbiq

No recommendations from anyone?

ainol hero 2 quad core so far is the only recommendation.

I have the novo 7 from them but had some problems with the OS and flashing the rom went badly, havent used it since I bought it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭bidiots

theUbiq wrote: »
    No recommendations from anyone?

There are numerous threads about varied sizes and makes in this forum, just search and choose.

bidiots wrote: »
    There are numerous threads about varied sizes and makes in this forum, just search and choose.

As I said, I did research before, Just wanted to know if there was any new info.

• Advertisement

Without sounding pedantic, a quick search will answer that for you

Without sounding redundant, I have searched. I dint find the answers I required, or more specifically the discussion I wanted. Or the information was out of date.

Hence the new thread.

Of course, if you believe you may be able to point something out to me I may have missed feel free to do so.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭slarkin123

Have a look at did electrical website. They're doing a Gotab 10 inch for 130 down from 180. I'm not into tablets but this looks Ok

Without sounding redundant, I have searched. I dint find the answers I required, or more specifically the discussion I wanted. Or the information was out of date.

Hence the new thread.

Of course, if you believe you may be able to point something out to me I may have missed feel free to do so.

I have done, in a few other threads. Hence, the search option :thumbup:

slarkin123 wrote: »
    Have a look at did electrical website. They're doing a Gotab 10 inch for 130 down from 180. I'm not into tablets but this looks Ok

thanks, good find. The hero novo 2 is similar priced (+deliv) but with a quad core processor. So will need to see how they compare.

• Advertisement

How's about you list us the tablets you have found that meet your requirements and we'll tell you the one we would recommend most?

Also, be sure to search Bargain Alerts too as there is a thread about the DID tablet in there among others.

How's about you list us the tablets you have found that meet your requirements and we'll tell you the one we would recommend most?

Also, be sure to search Bargain Alerts too as there is a thread about the DID tablet in there among others.

the main one that keep coming up is the http://www.ainol-novo.com/ainol-novo-10-hero-ii-10-1-inch-quad-core-tablet-pc-dual-camera-wifi-hdmi-bluetooth-gps-16gb.html

This was being released when I was last looking I think. and seems to be still competitive.
    next best bang for buck would be the nexus 10, but good luck getting them apparently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Easy enough to order the Nexus 10 now (compared to how it was last year) by using flubit and parcel motel.
    Same process as detailed in the 'how to order a Nexus 4' thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 773 ✭✭✭seklly

I've recently ordered the PIPO M6 from merimobiles.

Looks like it will tick a lot of the boxes, 9.7 inch, HDMI out, USB, SD card slot, 3G, retina IPS 2048*1536 display, dual camera etc.
    http://www.merimobiles.com/pipo-m6-built-in-3g-rk3188-1-6ghz-quad-core-9-7-inch-retina-ips-2048-1536-with-android-4-2-hdmi-tablet-pc_p/meri7575.htm

Worked out at €220 for me (we'll see if there are additional import taxes!)

Ordered in black on 8th July, they informed me on 15th that black was no longer in stock and they only had silver. I told them to cancel the order then and I'd order elsewhere and mysteriously they shipped it that day!!

So not sure when to expect it, looks like it left China on 20th so it's a waiting game now. Will update once I get my hands on it if people are interested.

cool, update here if it delivers? thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 773 ✭✭✭seklly

Will do, I'd be expecting it either next week or the following week. Hard to tell with China!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 485 ✭✭SoapMcTavish

Toshiba AT100 for €199 ( reduced from €349 ) in Tesco today. Part of warehouse clearance.

Anybody got one ? Any good ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 425 ✭✭Dubwat

Toshiba AT100 for €199 ( reduced from €349 ) in Tesco today. Part of warehouse clearance.

Anybody got one ? Any good ?

Don't have one but it looks like it came out in 2011. It runs Android 3, and not the latest 4.1, 4.2, or 4.3. I'm not sure I'd pay €200 for it? YMMV

Review:
    http://www.techradar.com/reviews/pc-mac/tablets/toshiba-at100-1003950/review

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Asus have just released a new ten inches for about 200 but I can't remember the name just now.

Asus have just released a new ten inches for about 200 but I can't remember the name just now.

Probably the MeMo Pad FHD 10

• Advertisement

ordered 2 of these http://www.hongkongeek.com/en/google-android-tablets/2458-101q-ainol-novo10-captain-atm7029-quad-core-15ghz-android-42-2gb-ddr3-hdmi-16gb.html
    on the 27th, arrived via parcel motel last night, highly impressed with ship speed.

havent had more than a cursory look, but they seem well made, stock android I believe with some chinese apps preinstalled, will look up if I need to do a factory reset or install a ROM.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Let me know if you find out how to get Netflix working on the Ainol Captain.
    Looks like DRM issue and its scrambled video.

Good tablet apart from that. Was stung for customs but its still €100 cheaper than a Samsung 10 inch Galaxy.

eddhorse wrote: »
    Let me know if you find out how to get Netflix working on the Ainol Captain.
    Looks like DRM issue and its scrambled video.

Good tablet apart from that. Was stung for customs but its still €100 cheaper than a Samsung 10 inch Galaxy.

Ive never subscribed to netflix, but if I hear anything ill post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭Spipov

is the resolution correct at 1280x800 ?

Spipov wrote: »
    is the resolution correct at 1280x800 ?

My internet is off at home, so I havent been using them. Ill take a screenshot when I go home and verify.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 3,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭LFCFan

Got a Nexus 10 32GB in America and love it. Excellent tablet. The screen has to be seen to believe. Better than retina. Very fast, HDMI out and with the right app you can share with xBox/PS3 etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,319 ✭✭✭emo72

LFCFan wrote: »
    Got a Nexus 10 32GB in America and love it. Excellent tablet. The screen has to be seen to believe. Better than retina. Very fast, HDMI out and with the right app you can share with xBox/PS3 etc.

Did you pick it up in store? And how much?

emo72 wrote: »
    Did you pick it up in store? And how much?

Got it in Walmart for $520 including tax. I wanted the 16GB version but nowhere had it and Walmart was the only place I could find any Nexus 10 at all.

Got it in Walmart for $520 including tax. I wanted the 16GB version but nowhere had it and Walmart was the only place I could find any Nexus 10 at all.

Was that the 499 dollar plus tax or the 399 refurb. I have a sister over there at the moment.

• Advertisement

Was that the 499 dollar plus tax or the 399 refurb. I have a sister over there at the moment.

$499 + tax for a new 32GB version

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭b318isp

I have the 10" CnM one from Argos, and am impressed with it. Main drawback is the volume of the speaker is not enough to fill a room - just about fine for personal listening, but no use for a group. It has an IPS screen too, which greatly improves the angle the screen can be viewed at.

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/8140663/Trail/searchtext%3ECNM.htm

There is also a thread here on a decent tablet available in DID...

$499 + tax for a new 32GB version

Took the plunge. While my sister is over there I told her to do major damage with her credit card. Thanks lfcfan

Took the plunge. While my sister is over there I told her to do major damage with her credit card. Thanks lfcfan

You won't regret it. While I was standing in line to get mine I saw that the 16GB Retina iPad was the same price and was tempted to go for that instead. Glad I held my nerve and got the Nexus :)

Well I got this. It's seriously good quality. Very light compared to note 10.1 and HP touchpad. The screen is the highlight though and I have only started messing with it. Did I see a deal on here about the dock for it?

Advertisement