Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prison Architect Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

Taylor365 wrote: »
    Some reason doors on my solitary cells never shut...?

Yeah I had that issue too. I think it just sort of fixed itself. When someone was sent to solitary, the guard would put them in the cell and the door would close behind them. Sometimes it didn't, so I guess it might be a bug.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Also cell doors stay open during the day unless your prisoners have nothing on in their regime, just in case that's what's happening.
    That doesn't include solitary surely?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Taylor365 wrote: »
    That doesn't include solitary surely?

Oh well if you've a prisoner in there then no, they stay shut, but if they're empty I think they open.

Oh well if you've a prisoner in there then no, they stay shut, but if they're empty I think they open.

Yeah I've had a good few problems with doors recently. Sometimes my solitary cell doors stay open with prisoners in them. Another thing, the odd time I see a door with the green always open logo on them. When I click on them to check, thinking that I've left them open, they are on normal :confused:

I'm having serious performance issues. I'm trying to build a fairly large prison so planned it all out then laid the foundations for the shell of the building and now it's chugging horribly. I'm hoping when the work is done it'll return to normal... :\

• Advertisement

The performance did pick up, turns out it just really starts to chug when you've a lot of things queued up for workmen.

Having a new issue now: My generators keep tripping. I'm trying to power a set of 5 workshops and it tripped. I then installed a second one, full capacitors and made sure there was no crossover with the cable and now both are tripping. Any ideas as to what I could try? I already have 6 generators in this prison...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

The performance did pick up, turns out it just really starts to chug when you've a lot of things queued up for workmen.

Having a new issue now: My generators keep tripping. I'm trying to power a set of 5 workshops and it tripped. I then installed a second one, full capacitors and made sure there was no crossover with the cable and now both are tripping. Any ideas as to what I could try? I already have 6 generators in this prison...

Did you remember to restart all the capacitors as well as the generator (last)?

DaLad wrote: »
    Did you remember to restart all the capacitors as well as the generator (last)?

Bollox! Now that I did forget! :\

Hopefully that sort it...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Bollox! Now that I did forget! :\

Hopefully that sort it...

I had the exact same problem, was going mad trying to get it sorted. Was after cutting off half my prison from the power grid and it still didn't work. When I remembered I needed to switch on all the capacitors individually as well, I had a total face palm moment! lol

Do any of you guys use the power switch? I haven't tried it out but it might be handy as a diagnostics tool. Stick it along the track and switch them on step by step? Not even sure if that's possible.

• Advertisement

gavmcg92 wrote: »
    Do any of you guys use the power switch? I haven't tried it out but it might be handy as a diagnostics tool. Stick it along the track and switch them on step by step? Not even sure if that's possible.

Good idea.

I've only ever been tempted to use it as a punishment device. (eg: if you riot, you lose electricity and get get locked in your cells for a day. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I break my electrics down to sections, so each cell block would have its own cable from the generator, for example. And I have a switch on each one. In general I don't need them, but it can be handy for diagnostics, as said above.

How many machines do you put in a workshop?

I have a few 30X8 workshops and when I fill them with machines I can only power two with a fully maxed generator. I have like 8 workshop spaces (building a massive prison with 600+prisoners) and I really don't want to be dealing with loads of generators if possible because I already have 6 powering the rest of the prison.

How many machines do you put in a workshop?

I have a few 30X8 workshops and when I fill them with machines I can only power two with a fully maxed generator. I have like 8 workshop spaces (building a massive prison with 600+prisoners) and I really don't want to be dealing with loads of generators if possible because I already have 6 powering the rest of the prison.

I can't remember exactly but for my last prison I had two 240 square workshops and the rest of the prison working on two full generators.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Dothehustle

any idea what will be coming out in new update ???
    Hope they sort out some of the performance issues

any idea what will be coming out in new update ???
    Hope they sort out some of the performance issues

Sniffer dogs / Guard Dogs, prisoners leave in normal clothes and are picked up by cars. Other than that (which is a bit of a guess) I'm not sure.

gavmcg92 wrote: »
    I've seen people put more than one in a "cell" (more than one cell in a room), sort of like an open plan type thing, but currently more than one prisoner per cell isn't supported.

You can use holding cells instead of cells if you want to have more than one prisoner per room.

Looks like we have our sniffer dogs :)

HrT7UMU.png

undercover police cars, regular cars and robbery vans?

Ncxu0nP.png

Another thing that's probably on the way is the ability to divide your guards into squads. (I hope this isn't actually in there already and I just have totally missed it)

The Security Room description says "A place for your officers.", and when I built it originally there was no way to assign officers. It's also in the save file "BEGIN SQUADS".

Now, does anyone know how to turn off that ****ing Fog of War? I really hate it.

In what way do you mean split up the guards into squads? Deployment lets you decide where gets patrolled.

humanji wrote: »
    In what way do you mean split up the guards into squads? Deployment lets you decide where gets patrolled.

I've no idea really. But imagine being able to split your guards up into day and night shifts, having to have one bunch in bed while the others are patrolling, or having another squad on standby for shakedowns or riots, maybe one squad who tries to stop the flow of contraband.

That sort of stuff.

Ah yeah, I get you. I'm hoping they'll add in some sort of regime for the guards like that.

• Advertisement

Just saw a Tweet by Introversion ( @IVSoftware )
    Today's bug. Prisoner tunnelled out of perimeter wall and rather than running to freedom, stopped and handcuffed himself.

So it looks like we may be getting breakouts in the update.

humanji wrote: »
    Just saw a Tweet by Introversion ( @IVSoftware )

So it looks like we may be getting breakouts in the update.

I don't know where I've seen it but I've seen a video showing the prisoner breakouts. I thought it was one of IV's videos but I can't seem to find it again.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

When is this scheduled to reach beta?

When is this scheduled to reach beta?
    They've no time set yet. They're still deciding what to implement. I'd say it's a fair while off.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭shaneb92

Another thing that's probably on the way is the ability to divide your guards into squads. (I hope this isn't actually in there already and I just have totally missed it)

The Security Room description says "A place for your officers.", and when I built it originally there was no way to assign officers. It's also in the save file "BEGIN SQUADS".

Now, does anyone know how to turn off that ****ing Fog of War? I really hate it.

To turn the fog of war off just open your save faile in a text editer and change the true in "enabledvisability = true" to false, then save and reload the file

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Friend was talking to me about this, looks REALLY interesting, bit pricey though for an Alpha, although I get the point.

Will keep a close eye

Anyone got any advice about Regime?

Mine at the moment is:

11pm-7am: Sleep
    7am-9am: Shower
    9am-11am: Eat
    11am-3pm: Work
    3pm-5pm: Freetime
    5pm-7pm: Yard
    7pm-9pm: Freetime
    9pm-11pm: Eat

I've only had prisoners for three days at the moment so not sure how it'll run in the long run, but I feel like 4 hours work isn't enough.

So any improvements I could make to that and what does your guys' regime look like?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

I've pretty much removed anything except sleep, freetime and work. Inmates take care of their own needs during freetime.

5 hours is what I give for sleep. Doesn't cause any problems.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

I've pretty much removed anything except sleep, freetime and work. Inmates take care of their own needs during freetime.
    Yard is good for grouping them in 1 place though so you can build something or shakedown a few cells :P

Advertisement