Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garmin 310xt or Timex global trainer?

Options
  • 24-07-2013 6:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭

So I'm hoping to purchase on of these watches in the near future, I was just wondering which one would you recommend or is there a better option at that price range? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭valerie

I bought the global trainer - not particularly happy with it. Takes fecking ages to find the satellite.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭Daz1214

I have the 310xt and havent had any probs with it at all

• Registered Users Posts: 2,578 ✭✭✭Ceepo

keelang wrote: »
    So I'm hoping to purchase on of these watches in the near future, I was just wondering which one would you recommend or is there a better option at that price range? Thanks.
    Have the TGT,
    No real issue with with it, usually picks up Sat within 30 sec, never had a Garmin so cant compare,

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭valerie

Ceepo wrote: »
    Have the TGT,
    No real issue with with it, usually picks up Sat within 30 sec, never had a Garmin so cant compare,

Wonder what the story with mine is so? Might send it back - haven't had it that long.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭couerdelion

valerie wrote: »
    Wonder what the story with mine is so? Might send it back - haven't had it that long.

Mine varies - the more often I use it the quicker it picks up a signal. It's the same with the Garmin I have too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Mr Tango

THe Garmin and Global Trainer use the same GPS finder (whatever that is called). Check out the DC rainmaker site for reviews.

I have used 405 garmin and got the timex recently. Main upside is the timex is waterproof but the both do a job although the garmin 310 is also waterproof - I think most people are moving to the Garmin 910.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Foyler

Had the 310xt a few years now, very slow to find satelites and sometimes not at all.
    Sent it back last year to replace cracked screen and it won't load properly now to strava or garminconnect.
    Also for swimming you have to wear it on your head (under cap) to hold the signal and give an accurate read on distance/speed so all in all a bit pants really.

Friend has loaned me his 910 so I'll be interested to see if its any better.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

I had a 405 that was terrible at finding satellites, I now have a 910XT and it's much better. I think that feature can vary across the garmin range.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭trainerman

I have the 310 and no real problems except that lately it won't connect to garmin connect. Use it undermy hat for swimming and no problmes with it like that except thats it can be a bit uncomfortable!
    Data is always accurate though.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭keelang

Thanks for all the comments obviously a 910xt would be my prefared choice but at the minute I can't justify the money one would cost .. just on another note has anyone ever bought a refurbished one of these units ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 Foyler

Don't bother with the 910 either for swimming, its also crap.

Did a swim yesterday I've been building up to for 3 years, nearly fired it into the tide as it couldn't find a satelite for 20 minutes, got one just before we departed the pier but when we reached our destination 11k later it was just showing 7.6k and now it won't load the data:rolleyes:.

My buddy had the dedicated swimmers one and it seemed to do a better job.

Advertisement