Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dell Monitor Problem

Options
  • 24-07-2013 6:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭

Having a problem with my monitor in that 3/4 of the screen fade slowly and becomes saturated color. I cant operate on that part of the screen but i can move my mouse around on the top 1/4 of the screen from which i can freely control.

The fade lasts 10secs to 1min long and and turning off the montior and on has no effect.

I have changed the screen resolution the refresh rate and even bought a dvi cable to switch from my avg connection but still no luck.

I have attached a photo below of the screen in action.
    Hoping i can get this fixed before shelling out a few 100 quid on a new monitor so any help is appreciated.

Model: Dell s2309wb

ngem51.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

If you boot in Safe Mode (press F8 when the computer boots) does this happen ?

Ken

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

andy125 wrote: »
    Having a problem with my monitor in that 3/4 of the screen fade slowly and becomes saturated color. I cant operate on that part of the screen but i can move my mouse around on the top 1/4 of the screen from which i can freely control.

The fade lasts 10secs to 1min long and and turning off the montior and on has no effect.

I have changed the screen resolution the refresh rate and even bought a dvi cable to switch from my avg connection but still no luck.

I have attached a photo below of the screen in action.
    Hoping i can get this fixed before shelling out a few 100 quid on a new monitor so any help is appreciated.

Model: Dell s2309wb

and then does it go back to normal? if it does it may just be a driver problem. have you ever seen it happen outside of windows? using a dos or linux bootdisk?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

wexie wrote: »
    and then does it go back to normal? if it does it may just be a driver problem. have you ever seen it happen outside of windows? using a dos or linux bootdisk?

Wondering the same. Unusual artefacts for a graphics card so I suspect the monitor itself. Safe mode would eliminate the graphics though drivers I think.

That said Windows is not using Aero mode, why ?

Ken

That looks like a dodgy LCD panel to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭andy125

ZENER wrote: »
    If you boot in Safe Mode (press F8 when the computer boots) does this happen ?

Ken

Havnt had the oppertunity to try boot in safe mode.
    wexie wrote: »

It goes back to normal after about an hour and wont repeat till a random time maybe a day or 2, i dont think it has anything to do with the operating system as i unplugged all connections from the monitor and it still showed the same result on a black screen
    ZENER wrote: »
    Wondering the same. Unusual artefacts for a graphics card so I suspect the monitor itself. Safe mode would eliminate the graphics though drivers I think.

That said Windows is not using Aero mode, why ?

Ken

I didnt notice that, changed it back thanks
    Karsini wrote: »
    That looks like a dodgy LCD panel to me.

Its about 4-5 years old and this is the first trouble it has given.

• Advertisement
Advertisement