Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plant Identification

• 24-07-2013 6:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭

Hi, I bought these plants a few months ago from a nursery, i got them for very little because i know the owner there and he did not tell me what species they are. I know they are willow. I hope they are anyway, either way its to late now if they are not but if someone could give there opinion it would be great :) The only willow i can think of is Salix caprea... ??

Thanks for any help :)

https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/539576/264003.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭rje66

looks very like it ....are undersides of leaves a grey-green felt look?
    AKA goat willow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭periodictable

Scourge of all foresters! Sally, goat willow, Salix caprea.
    Great for wildlife but a bloody nuisance and prone to an unsightly rust disease.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Hort101

Thanks very much. Must be goat willow then. Yeah, i here its a fast growing tree/shrub. I was going to make a screen with them but i spotted another plant to put in then so went with that :) I now have 40 of these in pots out the back :/ any ideas??

Advertisement