Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Refuses to pay!

• 24-07-2013 6:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

I recently sold some products to someone and we had agreed a price before the goods were delivered.
    However, once the goods where delivered to the purchasers home he would only agree to pay for half! (making every excuse possible for his reasons why it was only worth half !!! :confused: ). I refused to pay half and explained I needed the full amount as agreed before the delivery.
    There is nothing on paper, the deal was done over the phone!
    I was unable to take the product away again as it had to be delivered in lorry loads and did not have the lorry with me!

My question is....................

What can I do now?
    Where do I go from here??
    No payment has been received as of yet as I refused to take 'half' payment!
    :mad:

I look forward to ANY replies/advice!

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,539 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

dunna wrote: »
    My question is....................

What can I do now?

Go to see a solicitor.
    Where do I go from here??!

A solicitors office most likely.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 xonet

A fairly common customer tactic in Ireland. I have come across it a number of times. Get your lorry, put a big sign on it - "Unpaid Goods Recovery Team" - and go recover your goods from the customer. It is going to cost you some time and money but far cheaper time and moneywise than going to Court.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭Cody Pomeray

xonet wrote: »
    A fairly common customer tactic in Ireland. I have come across it a number of times. Get your lorry, put a big sign on it - "Unpaid Goods Recovery Team" - and go recover your goods from the customer. It is going to cost you some time and money but far cheaper time and moneywise than going to Court.
    Did you now.

As well as the constitutional right to the inviolability of the dwelling, it should be noted that the High Court has said this behaviour (parking a "debt collection" truck outside someone's home in such a distressing way) is a prima facie breach of ss 10 and 11 of the Non-Fatal Offences against the Person Act 1997.

I suggest you read Sullivan v. Boylan [2012], and the more recent case where damages were awarded, and adjust your behaviour accordingly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement