Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Self build mortgage options

Options
  • 24-07-2013 7:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    I am looking for a self build mortgage. Have site, PP, tendering done and fixed price contract almost ready to go.

We have been dealing with a broker who hasn't been great and so far we have only lodged a single application, with an unclear response so far. I want to hedge my bets and start talking to a few other banks.

Are there any banks specifically in the business, or NOT in the business, for self build mortgages? Is it still a case of calling on all banks?

I'd be interested to hear which banks have been lending for self build.

Thanks,
    Tom

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 New Solicitor

We went to all banks PTSB, AIB, Ulster Bank and Bank of Ireland. By far we found Ulster Bank the best to deal with. They asked for all the documentation and came back with the loan offer within a few days.

PTSB was a close second but wouldnt give us the full amount we wanted. AIB who we banked with were a disaster kept looking for more documentation and quizzed us on our accounts despite the fact we both banked with them.

Try Ulster Bank

Advertisement