Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online French DELF Prep Courses

• 24-07-2013 7:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi, I'm hoping to do some DELF exams this year. As I don't live near an Alliance Francaise I'm looking into online prep courses. Has anyone done an online DELF course? Any schools to recommend? Cheers for your help:)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭JustAThought

Where do you live?

& what level of French do you have?

I've done some DELF through the AF but have found they way the teach grammar to be a bit of a disaster - and the DELF books the AF uses also expect you to " intuitively" work out the grammar : ( that really dosn't work for me.

I was in France & bought some great DELF books there that come with CD's for the aural part, & you can get ones with practice exercises & sample answers. I'd recommend this -try googling on amazon for DEFL books.

The pro DELF is more inclined towards office situations but at the lower levels it's still general language, grammar & communication that s involved.

If you're just finished your LC your language should be quite good so you shouldn't be starting at basic level. I sometimes wonder how the AF grading works at all -my last class had 24 or so in it, 3 were third level French college students, two were French college graduates , me with good LC French & a few exams, and about 10 Asians who had computers to translate everything for them & only about 1 of 2 years of French - it just didn't make sense.

Advertisement