Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Warm fuse in fuse board

Options
  • 24-07-2013 7:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hey all
    Just looking for a little advice, I live in an apartment and my front door bell has a large "fuse" in the fuse board that I had replaced about 4 months ago as it had started to burn.

I just happened to have a look in the fuse box and that particular fuse is warm to the touch, even though the front door bell is never used, just wondering us this normal or should I have it checked out?
    Tx

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭mikehammer67

get it checked out

there has to be something running to generate that heat anyhow

there may be an overload condition or else fuse unit just needs to be replaced or both

is the fuse screwed in fully?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 tomtom1981

get it checked out

there has to be something running to generate that heat anyhow

there may be an overload condition or else fuse unit just needs to be replaced or both

is the fuse screwed in fully?
    Thanks for the reply, I just looked at it again, it's not what I'd actually call a fuse its a Garo Tran Bell Transformer 8va and it seems to sit in t the fuse board rather than screw in

• Registered Users Posts: 4,745 ✭✭✭meercat

the transformers do warm up alright.i wouldnt overly worry unless it gets really hot
    its rather like your phone charger
    if you are in any doubt though get it checked
    perhaps another electrician will confirm what i say just to allay your fears

Advertisement