Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTML email format

Options
  • 24-07-2013 8:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭

The content type change has made the notification emails screwed for me with multiple issues:

character entities eg. the ampersand now display incorrectly in the subject and the forum name in the mail body eg. "Aviation & Aircraft Photo Gallery *No Discussion*" thread,

the links to images within the posts, within the mail body have been unlinked, so either have to go via the page or copy/paste

the link to the forum is semi-broken requiring extra steps and error/issue messages

header image is stripped out which isn't unusual across many clients/isps

Now I might be considered a bit ancient as I use Pegasus as my client, but one of the main reasons I use it for diagnosing exactly these types of issues with large volume mailshots for both my own and 3rd party customers (ones who have asked their designer why xyz isn't working properly in their mailshots and the designer comes to me). It is likely that many other clients will have similar issues.

Perhaps you would consider one of the following solutions:

Revert back to the text MIME type - that always works in the KISS kind of way (works for lowest common denominator and upwards)
    Make it multipart (more towards middle ground but should work for the lowest common denominator, but doesn't always)
    Tell me to pfo and use a more up-to-date client (screw the lowest common denominator) ;)

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement