Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How good is the 3 internet service?

• 24-07-2013 8:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 621 ✭✭✭

On the prepay plan I could get, it's 20 for 15gb a load of other things. I am thinking of switching from 02.

But I live about 3 miles from the city, and I'm wondering how good or how bad is the service? I know they don't provide edge and with 02, I can't get a 3G signal so it would be worrying if I can't get a decent 3G signal with 3.

Anyone live around outside Kilkenny city (or anywhere really) and tell me how good the 3g signal is?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

Why not get a pay as you go simcard from them and test it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Generally they're pretty good around the Kildare area, not sure about Kilkenny. Probably their best feature is free data roaming on 3 networks around Europe, so if you're up in the North you'll get free internet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 621 ✭✭✭if832uspx4eogt

Do you have to wait for a month though to switch back?
    I've only realised how much 02 have been ripping me off.
    I am on pay as you go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

Do you have to wait for a month though to switch back?
    I've only realised how much 02 have been ripping me off.
    I am on pay as you go.

Not as far as I know but you should ask here - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1367

The reps there should be able to answer any questions you have.

Thank you :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 552 ✭✭✭RonanC

I was previously with Vodafone before switching to 3 and find that I have far better 3G coverage with 3 than I ever did with Vodafone. Anytime I've been in Kilkenny city or Graiguenamanagh I've had full 3G coverage.

Graiguenamanagh is quite further out than I am so that gives me a bit of reassurance :) I'm definitely sold because they have a much better plan than 02 I don't know how I'll eat up my 15GB allowance :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 825 ✭✭✭dave oc

You can switch back as soon as you like if you need, in case you get poor coverage with 3. 30 days notice is only required for cancelling contracts.

I'm prepay so it's no hassle. Thanks all I'll go into the shop tomorrow and see.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭pmct

FanadMan wrote: »
    Why not get a pay as you go simcard from them and test it?

I have done this in the past month an while O2 is very expensive I find there coverage better but it really depends on where you live my biggest gripe with three is that somethimes even though there's 3G showing there no Internet this never happens with O2 it always goes to edge so I would check with a prepay sim before you change your number

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

On the prepay plan I could get, it's 20 for 15gb a load of other things. I am thinking of switching from 02.

But I live about 3 miles from the city, and I'm wondering how good or how bad is the service? I know they don't provide edge and with 02, I can't get a 3G signal so it would be worrying if I can't get a decent 3G signal with 3.

Anyone live around outside Kilkenny city (or anywhere really) and tell me how good the 3g signal is?

Just use one of their ordinary PAYG SIMs instead -stick 20€ on and it's all you can eat data instead (plus calls and SMS).

Advertisement