Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chess meetup group

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭evoke

anyone interested i got a reply from one of the clubs

We have every range of player available for your strength whatever it is beginner to master
    We do informal meetings every Tuesday night were you just turn up and play whoever is there that night there is also coaching and puzzles with free tea and coffee thrown in as well.
    Next Tuesday is a competition night (last Tuesday of month) 6 half hour games 15mins a player open Swiss. You are more than welcome to join the more the merrier Martin but it will cost you a fiver cos we give out prizes
    The normal club nights are totally free during the summer and £30 for the entire year when dues are collected in late August early September this will cover your club fees union fees ratings and the first tournament so very affordable for all

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

That sounds like Ballynafeigh Chess Club on the Ormeau Road. I go there, it's a great little club. (Having said that, it's actually the largest chess club in NI to my knowledge).

As for the tournament, I wouldn't worry too much - you'd be surprised at the range of playing strengths on display. There's a thread here on the chess forum with some good advice.

Advertisement