Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

assault charges

• 24-07-2013 9:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

My neighbor was arrested and charged with assault causing harm and trespass with intent.. its his first offence..

what kind of sentence is he facing ? is a fine or community service likely.. does it depend on the judge on the day? if its a prison sentence who decides which prison he attends?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,087 ✭✭✭Pro Hoc Vice

Depending on facts and all the circumstances anything from Probation of Offenders Act to Prison time.

If prison time the Prison service decides on the prison, he will usually be sent to the nearest as in Limerick cases go to limerick, cork to cork prison and so on. But a person can be moved at any time to any prison in the state.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭vagabond2013

Thank you for your answer... do you know how long of a sentence he can expect?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Missyelliot2

My neighbor was arrested and charged with assault causing harm and trespass with intent.. its his first offence..

what kind of sentence is he facing ? is a fine or community service likely.. does it depend on the judge on the day? if its a prison sentence who decides which prison he attends?

The fact that there is assault involved, I really hope he gets the max possible. First offence should be irrelevant -

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭nitna bitna

HE'S GONNA FRY

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭vagabond2013

The fact that there is assault involved, I really hope he gets the max possible. First offence should be irrelevant -

well if you knew the facts of the case you wouldnt say that... assult on both sides

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

well if you knew the facts of the case you wouldnt say that... assult on both sides

What do you expect to hear when you ask random people on the internet to speculate with out giving them the facts!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Missyelliot2

Well I don't - know solely what you have said, and the words 'charged with assault' seemed important. That it why I commented.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭nitna bitna

My neighbor was arrested and charged with assault causing harm and trespass with intent]

WAT DID HE INTEND TO DO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

To answer your question Vagabond. Asking how long he'll get is like asking how long is a piece of string. He could get anything from the probation act(slap on the wrist) up to 5 years in Jail. Depends on what he did,how good his solicitor is and if the Judge got out of bed on the left or right on the morning.

Advertisement