Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which Backpack? Deuter Futura 32 or Berghaus Freeflow

Options
  • 24-07-2013 11:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭

Lads,
    Im going to be purchasing a backpack in the next few days and Ive narrowed it down to one of the following:
    Deuter Futura 32
    Berghaus Freeflow 35+8

Anyone have any experience using these?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭7ofBrian

Well, Ive just done a deal on the Deuter Futura 32 for €65 (nice)
    Lets hope i picked the right one :D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

I've got a Berghaus Freeflow 30+6 and my wife has the same (but the 'ladies' version) and while they appeared OK at first, they've given us nothing but grief in the last year or so with straps fraying, buckles breaking and stitching coming undone. Just shoddy manufacturing I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Judge

7ofBrian wrote: »

I've had a Deuter Futura 28 for a number of years now. Great bag: well made, fits all my stuff and is very comfortable to wear. Highly recommended.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 carolinef

7ofBrian wrote: »

I know this was posted a few months ago but do you mind me asking where you got it for €65??
    Im looking for that exact model and can't find it less than €100!!:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Mac2010

carolinef wrote: »
    I know this was posted a few months ago but do you mind me asking where you got it for €65??

may be some random discount over the internet.
    i see few RED ones on ebay.co.uk at 56 pounds and FREE delivery to UK (using parcelmotel) . I'd go with Deuter anyday over Berghaus freeflow. or OSprey backpack from USA! super lightweight compared to Deuter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭7ofBrian

carolinef wrote: »

I bought it from someone on adverts.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Pat Mustard

Thinking of getting a new backpack as my old Berghaus Freeflow just doesn't have the advertised 30+6 litres. There's not much room at all. Feels like about 20 litres.

Thinking of the Berghaus Roam 35, which gets very good reviews in Live for the Outdoors.

Anyone have any experience of this pack?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

I've always felt that advertised capacity on rucksacks is pure fantasy. I have a Berghaus 30+6 as well, and I'm sure it has less usable capacity than my old Lowe Alpine 25.

Advertisement