Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheapest landline deal?

Options
  • 24-07-2013 11:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23,357 ✭✭✭✭

We currently have an old landline package where we pay approc €65 every 2 months. That includes free landline calls but international and mobile calls are charged.
    With the various mobile packages now on offer, we now only need the most basic landline facility available (possibly even dropping landline altogether)
    Ive seen bundle deals on eircom site and the cheapest seems to be €25 per month, again including some landline calls. This to me is far too expensive given the little use we make of the landline.
    Is it no longer possible to just pay the basic standing charge & then pay for calls as used?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

mickdw wrote: »
    We currently have an old landline package where we pay approc €65 every 2 months. That includes free landline calls but international and mobile calls are charged.
    With the various mobile packages now on offer, we now only need the most basic landline facility available (possibly even dropping landline altogether)
    Ive seen bundle deals on eircom site and the cheapest seems to be €25 per month, again including some landline calls. This to me is far too expensive given the little use we make of the landline.
    Is it no longer possible to just pay the basic standing charge & then pay for calls as used?

Hi mickdw

Can you private message me with your eircom account number and name on the account and I will look into the current package and see if there is a more suitable cheaper package.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

I hope its ok to hop onto this thread. Id like to see if we can get a better deal too. Paying 45e a month atm with no real need for the phone. (Just need internet)

Chucken wrote: »
    I hope its ok to hop onto this thread. Id like to see if we can get a better deal too. Paying 45e a month atm with no real need for the phone. (Just need internet)

Hi Chucken

As the eircom broadband service is provided on the telephone line there is no broadband only packages available I'm afraid.

However if you call our sales team on free phone 1800 503 303 (option 2) they can check your current deal / requirements and advise if there is a more suitable deal / promotion.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

Thanks Mark. We rang and got a better deal. Brilliant service,thanks a million :)

Chucken wrote: »
    Thanks Mark. We rang and got a better deal. Brilliant service,thanks a million

No problem.

Glad to hear it.

Mark

• Advertisement
Advertisement