Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Making money from your camper !!!!!!!!!!

Options
  • 25-07-2013 12:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭

Hi Lads and Ladies ,
    I hope ye all have been enjoying the glorious weather of the last few weeks and ye all got a chance to hit the road and make the most of it.
    Well , here at Ireland West Motorhomes , the demand for rentals has far exceeded our expectations ( wouldnt it be great if it was like this all the time )
    For the last few years during the busy periods of July / August and up to mid September we have taken privately owned campervans from local owners during this peak period and hired them out to our mutual benefit.
    Some of the private owners have enjoyed returns of € 500 per week for a camper that would have been sitting on thier driveway if this opportunity was not available. This summer one customers return will be close to € 4000.00 . That is enough to cover a lot of owners repayments for the year.
    Well , at the moment , we urgently need some more campervans / motorhomes to meet demand especially 4 , 5, 6 or 7 berth.
    Needless to say these campers must be up to a certain standard . The bigger and newer they are the bigger return usually and the greater demand.

If you have a camper that you are unlikely to use for a few weeks here are a few guidelines to consider ;
    They are rented out on our fully comp insurance.
    No older than 2006.
    NCT up to date.
    Taxed.
    Gas test certificate.
    All appliances , windows , blinds , toilets working 100%

We can supply referances from present and previous owners whose campers we have rented out for them .

We cant gaurantee that there will be no damage done during the rental but we do gaurantee that you will get your camper back at least as good as you left it to us , sometimes better.

If you would like any more info on this opportunity feel free to ask here or call me on 0876385757 ( after 6pm preferrably ) or email me here info@iwmotorhomes.ie or PM me here on Boards.
    Looking forward to hearing from anyone thats interested either privately or here on an open forum.
    I am well aware that a lot of people here would not dream of renting out their "pride and joy" but maybe these few €'s will help you afford to keep your " pride and enjoy " instead of selling it at the presently massively reduced prices.
    Hope to hear from some of you soon and look forward to your reactions , comments etc.

Kevin www.iwmotorhomes.ie

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 426 ✭✭MammaZita

demoreino wrote: »
    Hi Lads and Ladies ,
    I hope ye all have been enjoying the glorious weather of the last few weeks and ye all got a chance to hit the road and make the most of it.
    Well , here at Ireland West Motorhomes , the demand for rentals has far exceeded our expectations ( wouldnt it be great if it was like this all the time )
    For the last few years during the busy periods of July / August and up to mid September we have taken privately owned campervans from local owners during this peak period and hired them out to our mutual benefit.
    Some of the private owners have enjoyed returns of € 500 per week for a camper that would have been sitting on thier driveway if this opportunity was not available. This summer one customers return will be close to € 4000.00 . That is enough to cover a lot of owners repayments for the year.
    Well , at the moment , we urgently need some more campervans / motorhomes to meet demand especially 4 , 5, 6 or 7 berth.
    Needless to say these campers must be up to a certain standard . The bigger and newer they are the bigger return usually and the greater demand.

If you have a camper that you are unlikely to use for a few weeks here are a few guidelines to consider ;
    They are rented out on our fully comp insurance.
    No older than 2006.
    NCT up to date.
    Taxed.
    Gas test certificate.
    All appliances , windows , blinds , toilets working 100%

We can supply referances from present and previous owners whose campers we have rented out for them .

We cant gaurantee that there will be no damage done during the rental but we do gaurantee that you will get your camper back at least as good as you left it to us , sometimes better.

If you would like any more info on this opportunity feel free to ask here or call me on 0876385757 ( after 6pm preferrably ) or email me here info@iwmotorhomes.ie or PM me here on Boards.
    Looking forward to hearing from anyone thats interested either privately or here on an open forum.
    I am well aware that a lot of people here would not dream of renting out their "pride and joy" but maybe these few €'s will help you afford to keep your " pride and enjoy " instead of selling it at the presently massively reduced prices.
    Hope to hear from some of you soon and look forward to your reactions , comments etc.

Do you guarantee to repair any damage?

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭demoreino

All damage repaired . Gauranteed .
    A comprehensive list of all marks , dents and imperfections wil be agreed between the owner and ourselves before the vehicle was accepted as a rental option . Any new marks , dents or imperfections that occured while on hire with us would be repaired or an agreement for repair would be put in place before the vehicle was returned to the owner.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

I must be referring 2 a day to ye the last while. Glad to hear you're busy Kevin.

Aidan_M_M wrote: »
    I must be referring 2 a day to ye the last while. Glad to hear you're busy Kevin.

Thanks for that Tristan , every little bit helps .
    Very busy at the moment thank God but the busy season started a lot later than other years for us.
    Hope ye are busy too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

demoreino wrote: »
    Thanks for that Tristan , every little bit helps .
    Very busy at the moment thank God but the busy season started a lot later than other years for us.
    Hope ye are busy too.

Kevin , can you pm me the rental rates? Just for anyone calling, so as to let them know.

Mad busy ourselves , it's been even better than last year thank God.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

The Rental Rates are on his site.........

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Benbecul97

Campervan age discrimination!!

Plenty of vans older than 2006 in great condition, would open up the available pool of vans.

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭zapata

demoreino - Which is the best Make and Model of camper in your oppinion to rent out - from a reliability and customer demand aspect.

Benbecul97 wrote: »
    Campervan age discrimination!!

Plenty of vans older than 2006 in great condition, would open up the available pool of vans.

I totally agree with you Benbecul97 . I have had some older vans in the past that I was entirely satisfied with .
    Unfortunately some of our customers feel they cant trust them as much as newer models and they feel they would rather spend a few extra € 's for that peace of mind.

When I said above that the rental vans I was looking for had to be no older than 2006 , this was merely a guideline . I would'nt refuse any camper because of age but the rates I charge would have to change to entice customers to rent.
    There would be an onus on the owner to gaurantee that all the appliances etc are working perfectly for the customer .

If you're interested PM me the van details.

zapata wrote: »
    demoreino - Which is the best Make and Model of camper in your oppinion to rent out - from a reliability and customer demand aspect.

Hi Zapata ,
    A quick answer is any size and German.
    Demand is pretty even for all sizes.
    The German vans have the reputation of been more robust and more likely to put up with the demands of a rental. However I believe a lot of the more recent German vans are getting quite flimsy inside in an attempt to keep the price down.
    There will always be things breaking by accident or carelessness.

• Advertisement
Advertisement