Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows 7 (Physical CD Ireland)

Options
  • 25-07-2013 12:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 31

ive been looking everywhere online for a copy of windows 7 home premium but im running round in circles...does anyone know where i could buy a physical copy of windows 7 home premium in Ireland?

Many Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Saganist

Any reason you need the physical disk ?

You can d/load an official iso from Digital River and then buy a license key.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Can buy online here from Irish site Dabs.ie : Windows 7 Home Premium - €83.67

Or you can buy on eBay from a trusted seller based in the U.K : Windows 7 Home Premium - €54.06

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Eamonn K

does no one sell a non OEM version off windows 7? I want to install it onto a computer that runs a different operating system, this is why I need a physical CD/DVD of windows but I can't find it anywhere and I don't trust downloading an iso off the internet.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

Those should be "proper" isos from Digital River - when you buy Window with a digital download they do the donkey work

Check the CRC when you download it to be sure

This tool makes it easy to burn a dvd or make a bootable .iso

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/html/pbPage.Help_Win7_usbdvd_dwnTool

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Eamonn K wrote: »
    does no one sell a non OEM version off windows 7? I want to install it onto a computer that runs a different operating system, this is why I need a physical CD/DVD of windows but I can't find it anywhere and I don't trust downloading an iso off the internet.

Do you have a license for the other computer? If it is Windows 8 professional you have downgrade rights to Windows 7 professional, otherwise you will need to either purchase a Windows 7 license or stick with Windows 8 (I am assuming this is what you want to do).
    Microsoft Windows requires online activation which will only allow the OS become fully functional, once you have a valid license and activate it. OEM versions of Win 7 (such as Dell, HP etc.) "pre-activate" on the hardware they are tied to, but will not pre-activate on other machines, and may not even install correctly (as these discs sometimes contain device specific drivers and customized options)

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Eogclouder

Download the ISO and burn it to a disk?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Eamonn K

yoyo wrote: »
    Do you have a license for the other computer? If it is Windows 8 professional you have downgrade rights to Windows 7 professional, otherwise you will need to either purchase a Windows 7 license or stick with Windows 8 (I am assuming this is what you want to do).
    Microsoft Windows requires online activation which will only allow the OS become fully functional, once you have a valid license and activate it. OEM versions of Win 7 (such as Dell, HP etc.) "pre-activate" on the hardware they are tied to, but will not pre-activate on other machines, and may not even install correctly (as these discs sometimes contain device specific drivers and customized options)

Nick

I'm trying to install windows 7 onto my macbook pro. Would you be able to point me in the right direction as to whether I'll need an OEM version or a retail version (which im finding difficult to find)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

I'm trying to install windows 7 onto my macbook pro. Would you be able to point me in the right direction as to whether I'll need an OEM version or a retail version (which im finding difficult to find)

Either should work for you, just remember OEM versions come with no support from Microsoft (if you have install/config issues they won't want to know) and will be tied to the machine it's installed on. OEM versions are considerably cheaper so go that route would be my recommendation

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

I want to install it onto a computer that runs a different operating system, this is why I need a physical CD/DVD of windows but I can't find it anywhere and I don't trust downloading an iso off the internet.
    Digital River is a legitimate website, even MS quote the DL links - you don't need an actually MS made DVD.

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windows/en-US/653d34d9-ac99-42db-80c8-6300f01f7aae/windows-7downloard

Windows 7 Home Premium 32Bit: http://msft.digitalrivercontent.net/win/X17-58996.iso
    Windows 7 Home Premium 64Bit: http://msft.digitalrivercontent.net/win/X17-58997.iso

Install by USB / DVD - http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/html/pbPage.Help_Win7_usbdvd_dwnTool
    When you choose to download most software from the Microsoft Store, you have the option of using Download Manager or downloading from your browser. However, when you purchase Microsoft Windows 7 from Microsoft Store, you have an additional choice to make: whether to download a collection of compressed files or to download an ISO file. An ISO file combines all the Windows 7 installation files into a single uncompressed file.

• Advertisement
Advertisement