Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/2014

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭Pedalstool

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Swansea and QPR came to Anfield with real meaning and purpose alright. Pressure is a funny thing in sports. When the pressure was on and the games counted last year we didn't win much. We'll find out a fair bit from Saturday week on...

We went to Newcastle and Wigan, there was real meaning for those teams.

I'd rather be winning meaningless games than losing them all the same.

I think the whole progress debate has been well and truly put to bed. The next step is to see whether we can continue that progress.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

rarnes1 wrote: »
    It won't be long until we find out if we've improved or not.

I'll say a similar points total is on the cards if some signings aren't made.

The majority here would agree with you Rarnes, perhaps a place further up the table better off at a push unless something drastic happens in the case of opposing players suffering big injuries. Everyone here certainly agrees we need a couple of signings to push on, and that's with Suarez staying.

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    The majority here would agree with you Rarnes, perhaps a place further up the table better off at a push unless something drastic happens in the case of opposing players suffering big injuries. Everyone here certainly agrees we need a couple of signings to push on, and that's with Suarez staying.

I just hope we don't leave it too late to move on players. The memories of last summers mess is still fresh.

On another note, Dirk with a couple assists for Fener in their CL game including one being set up for Zangief. Also my pal Sow with an assist and a goal. We really should have signed him two years ago :( HT in that game and they lead 4-2 on aggregate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,891 ✭✭✭✭klose

@JackSear: Interesting. BR on additions: "We need 1 or 2 to cover areas, and on top of that we need 1 or 2 in the attacking areas."

I think we can all safely say there'll be atleast 2 more incomings.

Also....

@MrBoywunder: BR: "Agger gave me his word that as long as I wanted him at #LFC he would stay. He'll always be wanted because he's world class."

I fcuking love that man!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

I would love it Kevin Keegan style if Arsenal get Fernebache in their CL qualifier and Dirk puts them out of the competition with a 3 yarder in off his hoop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

The Guardian doing their season previews. Tipped Chelsea to win the title. They've tipped Arsenal to be 5th which probably means Spurs to be 4th and us 6th. Hard to argue with that.

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    On another note, Dirk with a couple assists for Fener in their CL game including one being set up for Zangief. Also my pal Sow with an assist and a goal. We really should have signed him two years ago :( HT in that game and they lead 4-2 on aggregate.

The live score app is great how it shows assists these days, delighted to see kuyt doing well. Gulacsi in goal for salzburg too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Whenever Agger is linked to another club (ie every window) I just shrug - I know he won't leave. Even if he has some "moments" these days.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Just a bit of fun, Kuyt comes back - where do you play him and when?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Knex. wrote: »
    Jan-May 2012 Andy Carroll & Suarez
    Jan May 2013 Sturridge & Coutinho.

I'm probably still taking 2012 over 2013.

One of those is a sustainable outlay... one isn't. It's not just about the players... and tbh i think Carroll hurt the club more than just by his ineptness. It became a bit of a circus show with him... one that isn't justifiable. (unlike Suarez)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

mike65 wrote: »

Coutinho

Kuyt
    Suarez
    Sturridge

• Registered Users Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

rarnes1 wrote: »
    It won't be long until we find out if we've improved or not.

I'll say a similar points total is on the cards if some signings aren't made.
    We improved our tally by 9 points last year with Coutinho and sturridge only available from Jan onwards, you don't think having them in a team increasingly comfortable in Rodgers footballing methodology for the entire season will see things improve further regardless of whoever else we have or will sign?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Bench.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭Hoki

Swansea and QPR came to Anfield with real meaning and purpose alright. Pressure is a funny thing in sports. When the pressure was on and the games counted last year we didn't win much. We'll find out a fair bit from Saturday week on...

I see you using this "meaningless games" point a lot over the summer. If we lost or drew these games you'd be the first person on here complaining. You can't have it both ways. We won those games & we won them well , that's the bottom line.
    We beat Spurs , should have beaten City at the Etihad bar the Reina howler & we also should have beaten Arsenal at the Emirates only for another poor attempt at a save from Reina.

• Advertisement

Every single team gets opponents arriving at their ground who aren't up for it or who don't perform near their best.

Most teams in the league are crap. It's the same for everyone, so I don't know why it's downplayed when we beat them.

Morzadec wrote: »
    How good is Cissohko? Would anyone tip him to make the left-back spot his own?

He has the ability to do so, no question about that. After all the player who played for Porto and Lyon early doors was one of the best full backs in football at the time for me. He's no Cafu of course, but he was regularly dominating games on his own down his left side back then. At his peak was linked with a host of top clubs including Barca and Milan.

I feel he'll be a wonderful contrast to say Enrique who is strong defensively but more often than not quite clueless with it comes to his offensive work.

Bench.

?

Good form last season in European games. Surely offers more than Borini, Sterling or Aspas. Until the challenge for 4th was over he would have to start imo. His movement and intelligence would work well with Coutinho and Suarez too by the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Raif Severance

Brendan Rodger's Interview in Oslo.
    Brendan Rodgers - We will not sell Suarez to one of our rivals

Brendan Rodgers believes Luis Suarez is hardly going to court to be sold from Liverpool.

- Will not sell to one of our rivals
    Luis Suarez, who in recent weeks has been massively connected to Arsenal, is not in the squad. The reason must be that star striker has sustained a slight ankle injury.

At the press conference, manager Brendan Rodgers not unexpected new questions about the future of Suarez at Anfield.

- Luis suffered a minor injury on Monday's open training session. Therefore, we do not take any risks with him. It's not just him concerned. Both Agger and Martin Skrtel suffered minor damage and this fight would be too great a risk for them, says Rodgers.

Again rejects Rodgers that the club is willing to sell Suarez.

- I say what I have said throughout the summer. Suarez is an amazing player and a tough guy that will win trophies and showed it last season. There have been a couple of bids from one club which is near the Suarez is worth in today's market. It has not changed. We will build a team and take the step forward and will not sell one of our best players to one of our rivals, turning Rodgers firm.

I doubt that Suarez goes to court
    Liverpool's manager was asked about how he considers Suarez as a role model for younger players.

- All football players have a responsibility when it comes to being good role models. If you are a parent and you will always be a good role model. But we are humans and are not perfect and can always make mistakes. Steven Gerrard is an icon and a gentleman, and there are many good role models in football. But in football there are also some who do wrong, says Rodgers.

English newspapers have in recent days written that Suarez considering legal action to be sold from Liverpool.

I doubt Rodgers on the screen.

- This is a football club and a group that has supported him in the darkest time in his career. This is a club that has given him and his representatives 150 percent support. So I do not think he's going to pursue this, says Rodgers.

Liverpool have been in Oslo on several occasions, but the 4-1 victory in 2009 was the first business in the capital since 2000. Fernando Torres scored one of the goals in front of a packed stadium and Bojan Zajic put the home side's consolation. The teams played 3-3 1 August two years ago where manager Kenny Dalglish took the players in front stands the guild held to add the roses to mark their support for Norway and terror victims in Oslo and Utøya.

Arrived late
    Liverpool camp came out of the GA terminal at the airport one hour and 20 minutes late Tuesday night.

Manager Brendan Rodgers was the first out with part of the club's administration and took the time to sign autographs and posing for pictures with around 40 supporters who were present.

Steven Gerrard was the first player out of the terminal and was with Phillipe Coutinho, Brad Jones and Raheem Sterling whoever took the time to sign fans' autograph books.

http://www.tv2.no/sport/fotball/england/premierleague/brendan-rodgers-vi-vil-ikke-selge-suarez-til-en-av-vaare-rivaler-4099205.html

There's Footage of the Press Con on the Site, as well as Vid of Liverpool's arrival.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

Mr Alan wrote: »
    Again people don't even mention the fact that Dalglish won a cup & got to the final of another in the second half of his last season :(

While people can argue about the importance of cups in the grand scheme of things, it's merits a ****ing mention
    Cups....meh...

:p

• Advertisement

?

Good form last season in European games. Surely offers more than Borini, Sterling or Aspas. Until the challenge for 4th was over he would have to start imo. His movement and intelligence would work well with Coutinho and Suarez too by the way.

I prefer 3 in midfield - 3 from Gerrard, Lucas, Henderson and Allen

My preferred 3 up front would be Sturridge, Suarez and Coutinho.

Hoki wrote: »
    I see you using this "meaningless games" point a lot over the summer. If we lost or drew these games you'd be the first person on here complaining. You can't have it both ways. We won those games & we won them well , that's the bottom line.
    We beat Spurs , should have beaten City at the Etihad bar the Reina howler & we also should have beaten Arsenal at the Emirates only for another poor attempt at a save from Reina.

If I'm wrong and all things are equal then we'll bring the form from the tail end of last season into the start of this year and we'll be in the 4th place mixer which would be great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

If I'm wrong and all things are equal then we'll bring the form from the tail end of last season into the start of this year and we'll be in the 4th place mixer which would be great.

Actually considering I'm constantly being told we've strengthened this summer, one would assume our end of season form should improve.

Speaking of Carroll, Westham is currently having a Friendly right now with Sporting Braga.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

Left back

.....in the dressing room.

I like the guy but he doesnt have the pace for the wing and Sturridge/Aspas/Suarez ahead of him for CF.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

I prefer 3 in midfield - 3 from Gerrard, Lucas, Henderson and Allen

My preferred 3 up front would be Sturridge, Suarez and Coutinho.

I think it depends on the opposition.

Against better teams it'd be very risky to only have Stevie and Lucas, also we're more likely to be playing on the break.
    But if we're going to dominate possession then we can maybe afford to swap Henderson or Allen out for Sterling, Aspas or whoever.

Anzhi having a Firesale?
    John Bradley ‏@JBcommentator 14m
    It would appear that everyone at Anzhi is available, so I'll have Willian, akhmedov, Shatov and Kokorin for starters

John Bradley ‏@JBcommentator 28m
    Remember that Anzhi project to conquer the world of football with billionaire Kerimov...well, tonight it looks like he could pull the plug

HISManagement ‏@HISManagement 18m
    @JBcommentator Careful John, there's a real move by certain agents and clubs to get what they want right now. Might be a mark Twain moment!

John Bradley ‏@JBcommentator 14m
    @HISManagement are dark forces at work ? It has come from a very reliable source

Dave McMahon ‏@redspark1 14m
    @JBcommentator they’ll all be on silly wages won’t they John

John Bradley ‏@JBcommentator 9m
    @redspark1 oh yes...most of them

Artur Petrosyan ‏@arturpetrosyan 10m
    @CarinaAnders They can sell any player but Etoo.

Skrtel to Zenit?
    Artur Petrosyan ‏@arturpetrosyan 3m
    Skrtel to Zenit also seems closer. Might be confirmed tomorrow morning. It will mean all but a new CB for #LFC.

Eusebio on Luis Alberto...
    barcastuff ‏@barcastuff 15m
    Eusebio (coach Barcelona B): "Surprised Luis Alberto joined Liverpool? No. Had a fantastic season. 11 goals, 17 assists. Great player." [md]

barcastuff ‏@barcastuff 14m
    Eusebio (coach Barcelona B): "Barça considered to keep Luis Alberto? Club thought about it, but there's no room for everyone at first team."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,406 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Anzhi having a Firesale?

Skrtel to Zenit?

Eusebio on Luis Alberto...

Anyone of use in Anzhi!?

?

Torres was good in the europa last season, still poor in the league however. Love kuyt and would like to still have him here but think aspas will be a good player for us.

Vicxas wrote: »
    Anyone of use in Anzhi!?

Willian, is what I want the most from them. Used to watch him at Shaktar along with HM.

But like John Bradley said, they'll be on Silly Wages.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Devilman40k

Vicxas wrote: »
    Anyone of use in Anzhi!?

Denisov, Willian for starters

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Bench. Great player in his day, but as his last season showed, his time had passed.

Anzhi having a fire sale makes no sense, it was only a few weeks ago they were spending massive money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

?

Have you made your mind up about him already?

Before we've seen a minute of him in the league?

He's looked decent in the (admittedly meaningless) friendlies so far.

Anzhi having a fire sale makes no sense, it was only a few weeks ago they were spending massive money.
    Karimov announced the sale of players

After the match of the 4th round of the Premier League with "growth", in which "Anji" is lost with a score of 0-1, the owner of the club and Makhachkala Suleiman Kerimov had problems with his health. Pondering the future of the Dagestan team for a few days, the businessman has come to the conclusion that it is not necessary in the future to spend your nerves and health. Kerimov has decided to change the vector of development of the club, which will be focused not on the stars, and on the local players. Today will be officially introduced as head coach Haji Hajiyev, who will replace Dutchman Rene Melenstena .

Note that the owner of "Anji" brought leaders of the team and assured that they will be employed and receive their due under the contract sum.

The fact that Karimov will leave the Makhachkala club, at the moment the question. (Artush MKRTCHYAN)

Cost of the leading players, "Anji" Evaluation of the portal transfermarkt.de:

Willian - 30 million euros

Samuel Eto ' O - 22 million euros

Igor Denisov - 16 million euros

Lacina Traore - 16 million euros

Alexander Kokorin - 15 million euros

Lassana Diarra - 14 million euros

Mubarak Bussufa - 14 million euros

Christopher Samba - 11 million euros

Zhusiley - 11 million euros

Yuri Zhirkov - 11 million euros

Vladimir Gabulov - 6.5 million euros

http://football.sport-express.ru/premier/news/604991/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭willowthewisp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Brace yourselves!

Guardian sport ‏@guardian_sport
    Luis #Suárez breaks his silence in explosive interview with @guardian_sport. Online soon at http://theguardian.com/sport #lfc #afc

• Advertisement

Big suarez interview coming up on the guardian website about everything going on allarently

****storm incoming!!!!!

Where's he off to?
    Cordoba CF, apparently.

gameofthrones.png

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭Yurt

Oh God…Luis Suarez has broken his silence. A supposed 'explosive interview' coming up via the Guardian. Hold on to your hats...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭willowthewisp

klose wrote: »
    Big suarez interview coming up on the guardian website about everything going on allarently

****storm incoming!!!!!

Saipan?

• Advertisement

costanza-popcorn.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,302 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Yurt wrote: »
    Oh God…Luis Suarez has broken his silence. A supposed 'explosive interview' coming up via the Guardian. Hold on to your hats...

Just saw this on twitter. Prepare for a meltdown of epic proportion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Like Christmas I tell ya.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

When will that be?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Meh, I'll believe its explosive when I hear it.
    This wll probably be the the "Liverpool Echo has big news coming up later on tonight" fiasco from last week all over again.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement