Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/2014

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,406 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

I'm sure it's the same **** that's been rehashed all week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Telegraph Sport ‏@TelegraphSport
    Luis #Suárez reveals all in hard-hitting interview with @TelegraphSport up very soon

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭Yurt

The irony of Suarez giving an explosive interview to the media which has been 'troubling' him for so long.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Devilman40k

Yurt wrote: »
    Oh God…Luis Suarez has broken his silence. A supposed 'explosive interview' coming up via the Guardian. Hold on to your hats...

1326738234_grenade_drill_fail.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Vicxas wrote: »
    I'm sure it's the same **** that's been rehashed all week
    This sounds like an interview with Suarez himself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Guardian & Telegraph both have exclusive interviews? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 886 ✭✭✭witnessrenegade

Not looking forward to this, especially after what Rodgers said earlier

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,891 ✭✭✭✭klose

Mr Alan wrote: »

Ha imagine in one he says he wants to leave and the other he wants to stay :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Yurt wrote: »
    The irony of Suarez giving an explosive interview to the media which has been 'troubling' him for so long.

That man's a weasel. Blathering on about how the media was forcing him out of England, then as soon as Madrid decide they don't want him, the media's not the problem - in fact now he wants to move to the home of the British tabloid media. And now that he's struggling to force the clubs' hand he goes running to who?

The same English media that apparently hounded him out of England.

• Advertisement

Looks that way.

The rags would surely be all over it had the press been briefed as a whole. For someone that hates the British media, he sure does know how to use them when he wants to!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

He's kept his trap shut for nearly a month now, it was too much to think that he could actually keep it shut indefinitely.

"Suarez plea to Liverpool; Set me free" - Sid Lowe.

And still not a sign of a transfer request. Like I said, weasel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,406 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

What time is this going up?

If he uses the ENGLISH media to say wants out of Liverpool. There'll be a new judas in town

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

Persecuted, he is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Worrying that the guardian sport tags were lfc AND afc

I want arsenal nowhere near el pistolero

At a guess, he'll bang on about why he wants to Leave LFC (Champions League etc.) and reveal he feels LFC reneged on contract agreement (that he should be let go to a CL club who bid a certain amount)

Be funny if Arsenal don't make it to the Champions league proper. What then...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Raif Severance

He waited for the Manager and most of his Teammates to go out of the Country, just so he could give his Interview?

The Cheek of this Fellow... Seriously.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Meh...they have probably just started keeping him in a cage since the Ivanovic incident....I wouldn't read much into it.

It's all kicking off. Daily Mail going with "John W Henry has made it clear Liverpool have no intentions of selling Luis Suarez."

Looks like the summer is about to go from bad to worse :(

The Mirror saying that he told LFC that he doesn't want to play in any more friendly matches until his future is resolved. No quotes and no interview there though.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-transfers-arsenal-target-suarez-2132028

He waited for the Manager and most of his Teammates to go out of the Country, to just so he could give his Interview?

The Cheek of this Fellow... Seriously.

Or maybe he was left at home as this was coming ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Henry has said Suarez wont be sold.

I'm not linking to The Daily Fail tho.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Beat me too it, I was just about to say, if the cvnt wants to leave, hand in a transfer request

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

I want to see him playing reserve team football for the next 6 weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I have no idea what Suarez could possibly say to enhance his own position within this transfer saga.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

Actually considering I'm constantly being told we've strengthened this summer, one would assume our end of season form should improve.

yup and I think it will tbh - why not?... if we do continue in that vein, we could be in the mix. Yer man Aspa's and Coutinho will hopefully carve up lesser teams :)

getting optimistic to be honest, the team seems settled and barring Suarez leaving we should have a good crack at 4th. IMO if we keep the same defensive record as last season i think we will do well...Lucas looks likes he's coming into form (broke up a lot of play in the last game) and with a few others a year older with experience and drilled the way Rodgers wants us to play then sure why not ?

A couple more better signings (genuine starters) would leave us in a great position. I wouldn't be so afraid of Spurs and Arsenal, we just need to have a good start in the league and then who know's ?

Am I being too optimistic ???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

So all of a sudden he's a ****...welcome to what every other person except the majority of pool fans already knew

• Advertisement

Let him leave if he really wants to, but not to Arsenal .Madrid can have him for £40m or even less if it means they don't get him.

mada999 wrote: »
    Am I being too optimistic ???

Understatement of the year :p

So all of a sudden he's a ****...welcome to what every other person except the majority of pool fans already knew

:rolleyes:

Henry has said Suarez wont be sold.

I'm not linking to The Daily Fail tho.

Would be great if he went through with it...but he is a business man so he will sell him if it comes to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Let him leave if he really wants to, but not to Arsenal .Madrid can have him for £40m or even less if it means they don't get him.

No one else has bid for him though. I can't see Madrid buying him and Bale.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

Bull****.

Should go without saying.

We should take a financial hit rather than strengthen Arsenal considerably.

Would be absolute suicide to sell to Arsenal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Suarez is going nowhere! Reds chief Henry makes it clear Liverpool have no intention of selling their star man to Arsenal

John W Henry has made it clear Liverpool have no intentions of selling Luis Suarez as he reaffirmed Fenway Sports Group’s commitment to the club.
    The Uruguay striker will miss the friendly in Oslo against Valerenga after he was left out of the 21-man squad that left Liverpool because of a foot problem.
    Manager Brendan Rodgers had no option but to leave Suarez behind after he was sent in early from training at Melwood Tuesday lunchtime, having struggled to complete a warm up jog and a series of shuttle sprints. He was subsequently sent for a scan.

Suarez had complained of a problem in his foot following an open training session at Anfield on Monday and Rodgers quickly accepted there was no need to persist with running him, as he is not available for the start of the new season.
    ‘Luis picked up an injury in the open training session at Anfield on Monday and along with a number of other players, we decided this game was too much of a risk for him,’ Rodgers said on arrival in Oslo.
    ‘I will tell you what I have been saying about him all summer. He is an incredible player. On the field he is a fighter. He wants to win and he showed that last season. We have had a couple of bids from one club, which has been nowhere near the valuation of what he is worth.
    ‘This is a football club and a city that has stood by him in some of the darkest moments of his career. I have a responsibility to look after all the players.’

The 26-year-old’s future, though, continues to be the subject of great speculation. Arsenal are the only club to have made a bid for him this summer – both offers were instantly rejected – and there has been no sign of them improving their £40,000,001 offer, made two weeks ago.
    Arsenal’s interest, however, is not waning and there is a belief at The Emirates that their pursuit will reach a successful conclusion.
    Liverpool have taken a robust stance throughout, with Rodgers adamant that he is not going to leave and Henry, Liverpool’s principal owner and the figurehead of FSG, backed up his manager’s view in Norway last night.
    ‘I don't know why people ask us if we are selling the club or the best players because we are not,’ said Henry, who will attend a Liverpool match this evening for the first time in 13 months. ‘We like to buy stuff, not to sell. We are not selling our best player.’

It is not the first time Henry has spoken out on the subject of Suarez’s future. When Arsenal made their offer of £40million with an extra £1, in the hope of triggering a clause in Suarez’s contract, Henry tweeted: ‘What have they been smoking over there at Emirates?’
    Though Suarez, Glen Johnson, Daniel Agger and Martin Skrtel miss out, the game will provide Joe Allen – last summer’s big arrival – to build on his encouraging form. The £15million midfielder endured a troubled first year at Anfield but has now fully recovered from shoulder surgery.
    ‘My challenge is to get back playing at the level I was at early last season,’ said Allen. ‘That's the plan. I managed to hit the ground running when I first signed. Things didn't carry on like that but from the first minute this season I want to give my best and produce good performances for the team.’

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

Yeah but he's our Cnut! F€ckoff and get your own :P

I think that's the problem now - Madrid don't want him. That's why his whole angle has changed from 'the media are forcing me out' to 'I'm forcing a move with the media's help.'

If it comes down to a choice of selling him for Arsenal and letting him go on strike, I'd still refuse to sell him to Arsenal.

Come the January transfer window there'll be plenty of clubs looking for a proven top level goalscorer who is free to play in European competition.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Devilman40k

I've had enough of the Suarez sideshow at this stage. Let him stew in the stands for the rest of his contract if that's how he wants to be. We supported him when he was a twat and he keeps this up.

We've just seen one of the greatest servants to the club play his testimonial, we're mentioning one of the biggest unsung heroes in the clubs recent history in Kuyt on this very thread and yet we keep pandering to this idiot.

He sullied his bib with the Evra crap, and dragged a true legend and the entire club through the mud with him.

Set him free?? He hasn't earned his freedom yet

:mad:

At least this interview means that folks on this thread won't continue to torture themselves with the notion that Suarez will remain.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

From the Guardian...

I am a slave, says Suárez as he pushes for Arsenal move

Luis Suárez desire to join Arsenal appeared stronger than ever last night after a interview in which he reiterated he had not changed his mind about wanting to leave Liverpool and agreed with the Fifa president Sepp Blatter's criticism about the way the Merseyside club had handled the situation. Blatter had urged Merseyside Reds to allow the player to leave and, more controversially, complained that there was "too much modern slavery" in the sport.

Blatter, an honorary member of Real Madrid with close ties to the club's president, Florentino Pérez, had described himself as "very much in sympathy" with Suárez and urged Liverpool to allow him to leave, suggesting it was otherwise tantamount to slavery. "I agree with what he said," said Suárez , when that last point was put to him. "It's true. I agree with what the president of Fifa said. I know what I want and what I would like. We have to see what happens. I do not know where I will begin next season."

No one else has bid for him though. I can't see Madrid buying him and Bale.

Sell to a rival and it's curtains. It'll be a 6th place finish and Rodgers will be sacked. Vital we don't sell to them.
    mosstin wrote: »
    Bull****.

Great debating. We must do this again some time

• Registered Users Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Raif Severance

Should go without saying.

We should take a financial hit rather than strengthen Arsenal considerably.

Would be absolute suicide to sell to Arsenal.

Nah.

If Madrid can't cough up the Money we want, then let him Rot in the Reserves.

We have no Obligation to Sell, which Suarez and Co. has failed to realize.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Blatter wrote: »
    The Mirror saying that he told LFC that he doesn't want to play in any more friendly matches until his future is resolved. No quotes and no interview there though.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-transfers-arsenal-target-suarez-2132028

John Cross is essentially wrong on everything he says on this matter, so once I saw his name on it it might as well have been some random lad on twitter saying it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Read Luis Suarez's article about how much he hates the British press in tomorrow's Telegraph, Guardian, S*n, Times, Metro & BBC Online. :D

Hate the term but he Will always be a legend in my opinion purely for the 2010 World Cup. Going to Arsenal would make him a legend who lacks ambition and is capable of stupid decisions.

Although it would be fun to be on the outside of the circus next season as he forces a move to Madrid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 886 ✭✭✭witnessrenegade

When was Blatter talking about slavery? Haven't heard anything about him all summer

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    From the Guardian...

I am a slave, says Suárez as he pushes for Arsenal move

Luis Suárez desire to join Arsenal appeared stronger than ever last night after a interview in which he reiterated he had not changed his mind about wanting to leave Liverpool and agreed with the Fifa president Sepp Blatter's criticism about the way the Merseyside club had handled the situation. Blatter had urged Merseyside Reds to allow the player to leave and, more controversially, complained that there was "too much modern slavery" in the sport.

Blatter, an honorary member of Real Madrid with close ties to the club's president, Florentino Pérez, had described himself as "very much in sympathy" with Suárez and urged Liverpool to allow him to leave, suggesting it was otherwise tantamount to slavery. "I agree with what he said," said Suárez , when that last point was put to him. "It's true. I agree with what the president of Fifa said. I know what I want and what I would like. We have to see what happens. I do not know where I will begin next season."

6/10.

Might catch a few though.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement