Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/2014

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Fizman wrote: »
    That's like asking a kid to go on a bouncy castle and not bounce.

Troll_Dad_Bouncy_Castle.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

Now we know why he didn't attend the Skipper's Testimonial Dinner and eat with his Teammates. He was already planning to Stab them behind the Back, while they were away.

The Amount of Disrespect this Guy is giving us, should be returned a Thousand-fold.

We should just Bench him for the Year.

The Club will have the Distinction of having a Benchwarmer starting in the World Cup.

That showed a real lack of class in fairness. There were huge tributes pouring in on twitter from players who never even played Gerrard, and Suarez just couldn't be arsed paying tribute to his own captain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,891 ✭✭✭✭klose

In other lfc related news....

265981.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭meriwether

Paully D wrote: »
    Yeah, if a club from outside of England comes in with an offer, even if its lower than what Arsenal are offering, I'm sure Liverpool will go for that.

Unfortunately from Liverpool's point of view though, even though he has a contract, the player can still hold the cards.

If he has his heart set on Arsenal and refuses a move abroad (if one comes in) then Liverpool realistically aren't going to let a £40m asset rot in the reserves and won't want him hanging around being a distraction talking shite in the media every week.

Suarez doesnt have to go to where he doesnt want to.

Liverpool cannot afford to spend the money to replace him while benching him.

That 80m Kenny spent would be handy now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Hands up who thought 'tear your hair out Tuesday' was gonna be a let down?......but with an hour to go it delivers in spades.

• Advertisement

Ultimately this'll be a trip to Madrid, via London.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭aramush

I hope Suarez likes collecting dust...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Maybe the reason he hasn't handed in a request is not to protect his loyalty bonus but to avoid ending up at Arsenal if at all possible. I'm sure he is still waiting for Real Madrid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

meriwether wrote: »

That was exactly my point.

mike65 wrote: »
    Maybe the reason he hasn't handed in a request is not to protect his loyalty bonus but to avoid ending up at Arsenal if at all possible. I'm sure he is still waiting for Real Madrid.

Aye. Kick up enough fuss now so that when they do come in with a low ball bid, the club is more inclined to accept it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

klose wrote: »
    ianrush&wutangclan pic

Pass and move,
    everyone surrounds me,
    I.A.N on the volley,
    got it in the goal, y'all.

mike65 wrote: »

Spot on...I think Arsenal are being played as much as Liverpool in this. The Bale/Madrid move doesn't look to be progessing so hopefully they make their move soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

BRBOuRnCIAATERn.jpg:large

Jesus, now that picture is funny again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

Knex. wrote: »
    Aye. Kick up enough fuss now so that when they do come in with a low ball bid, the club is more inclined to accept it.

....and us fans are more willing to accept too....genius.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Make him stay for another year now instead because of his constant moaning . That would be the best thing to do . If he acts up fine him and do it everytime he does it .

Grayditch wrote: »
    Jesus, now that picture is funny again.

Again?

Been waiting for that low ball bid

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

It'd be the first thing the PFA have backed him on if they are doing so now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,215 ✭✭✭shamrock55

This guy really is the fcuking pits, he has lied and squirmed his way through the last few months that any time i see him now i want to puke, he is as someone else said a compulsive lier and a toerag, running straight to the papers with this bull**** as soon as his teammates are gone,and he no more has a foot injury,if i was br id ring madrid in the morning and say you can have him for 39m and ill fookin drive him there myself:mad:

• Advertisement

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Again?

It got about 5 seconds of a grin once.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/luis-suarez-im-happy-liverpool-3329892

Eh Luis, eh?

(Interview came at a time when we we're struggling in the league with CL looking unlikely).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Be funny if we sold him to Real for £39,999,999

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

I was at the United v Liverpool league game in Old Trafford back in January. Sitting in the Stretford End with the gf.

It's not often I say this, but I now agree with everything the United fans sung about Suarez that day. They were spot on in fairness to them. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭PRAF

I think the club needs to come down hard on this guy

- immediately start disciplinary procedures and issuing fines

- have the lawyers examine whether there is a case to sue him here. At minimum, insist he stops giving any further interviews and threaten legal action if he does

- insist and publically call out that a transfer will not be entertained until our valuation is met and a transfer request is received

No player is bigger than the club. This is disgraceful stuff from Suarez

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

shamrock55 wrote: »
    he no more has a foot injury,
    Don't be so cynical. I am sure that the passion and intensity that he has shown during pre-season has been a major factor in causing this foot injury.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Spot on...I think Arsenal are being played as much as Liverpool in this. The Bale/Madrid move doesn't look to be progessing so hopefully they make their move soon.

Dispite all the tripe posted in the Arsenal thread the past week this is what the majority of Arsenal fans believe

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Wacky Wednesday begins, huzzah! \o/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

PRAF wrote: »
    - have the lawyers examine whether there is a case to sue him here. At minimum, insist he stops giving any further interviews and threaten legal action if he does

Not quite sure that'd be legal?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Suarez is great craic all the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

- insist and publically call out that a transfer will not be entertained until our valuation is met and a transfer request is received

If he's faking injury (but seemingly fit enough to drive and whinge at journalists) then the first thing we do is fine him two weeks wages.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Raif Severance

meriwether wrote: »

We can take the Loss. We already did so with Carroll and Downing.

Besides, after Suarez' latest Stunt, no Club will come in with an Offer anywhere close to our Valuation. So we'll be taking a Loss on him anyway.

So Benching him to Prove a Point, is exactly what I'd do if I was running the Club.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Apart from the first one, which they can't do I'm sure, that is what they have been doing isn't it? Aside from the silly legal action bit that is.

There are 2 stories being told, none of us know what the truth is although plenty are jumping to conclusions.

It's not unexpected it has taken this turn of events, I just hope it plays out fully in the next few days, but I suspect in 2 weeks this will still be going on.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Besides, after Suarez' latest Stunt, no Club will come in with an Offer anywhere close to our Valuation. So we'll be taking a Loss on him anyway.

So Benching him to Prove a Point, is exactly what I'd do if I was running the Club.
    You didn't have a choice with the losses on those two.

It's a pretty expensive point to make and I'm not sure there's much benefit to it. Besides being satisfying.

• Advertisement

I would be against the Club turning this into a circus tbh.

Don't want to hear about them fining him wages or putting him in Melwood etc. Doesn't too much except give some minuscule temporary satisfaction at thinking we've got one over him, when realistically we have a 50 million pound asset rotting away within the club.

Because of that you can't take the loss. And a stadium to build.

Liverpool are bound by the laws of finance too. At some point you have to stop bleeding 40m losses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

If LFC can afford operation CHAD the club can afford to sit on Suarez for 5 months (and thus contradicting what I said less than an hour ago).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Devilman40k

Mr Alan wrote: »
    Be funny if we sold him to Real for £39,999,999

I'll add £3 to this, just to top the Arsenal offer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

Any confirmation on who the "Big european club that came in for hom last year.
    I think madrid will get him. I hope they get them. They deserve each other shower of ****ing *****.
    I think we have costa well and truly line up as the replacement. unfortunately we are ****ed now as you may add another 5 million on to anyone we are buying. They'll be a ****ing bang of desperation of us that everyone can smell from mile off

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Bowlardo wrote: »
    I think madrid will get him. I hope they get them. They deserve each other shower of ****ing *****.
    I think we have costa well and truly line up as the replacement. unfortunately we are ****ed now as you may add another 5 million on to anyone we are buying. They'll be a ****ing bang of desperation of us that everyone can smell from mile off
    Juventus, according to the article.

Let's sell him, and lob in a bid for Gareth.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭PRAF

Mr Alan wrote: »
    Not quite sure that'd be legal?

I'm not fully sure myself but I'm presuming there is at least the possibility of Suarez having defamed the club by accusing them of lying and breaching the terms of their contract with him. Threaten action, insist he can no longer talk about it in public for fear of prejudicing a possible legal case. Might shut him up for long enough for us to sell him

Juventus, according to the article.

Someone phone Juventus and tell them we'll do a straight swap for Vidal and we wash our hands with the entire situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Raif Severance

Bowlardo wrote: »

Juventus.

But it was a Laughable Bid of 25M, if I remember correctly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

If we did promise that we would let him go, then we should honour that in fairness.

By the same token he should realise that it is not an option for Pool to sell to Arsenal. The only CL club I would not want Suarez to go to under any condition if I was a pool fan.

If other CL clubs don't want him, they'd have to ask why? There's enough clubs with 40m+ out there now to go for a player of his ability. Perhaps its' his baggage that puts them off?

I simply could be posturing, of course.

Juventus.

But it was a Laughable Bid of 25M, if I remember correctly.

Yeah, don't think we were going to make any money out of the deal at all.

Someone phone Juventus and tell them we'll do a straight swap for Vidal and we wash our hands with the entire situation.

What if Vidal says no?

You dont seem to get this. Top players don't want to go to a club of Liverpools current position and immediate prospects.

Top players leave such clubs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,891 ✭✭✭✭klose

Pfffft ridiculous suggestion, anways juve have tevez and llorente now they are out of the question besides theyd offer **** all for him anyways

G.K. wrote: »
    By the same token he should realise that it is not an option for Pool to sell to Arsenal. The only CL club I would not want Suarez to go to under any condition if I was a pool fan.

Why still deny it G.K.? We all know by now you're a Liverpool fan despite your previous struggle not to be.

Resign yourself to it. First stage of acceptance :D

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement