Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/2014

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

As much as Suarez is clearly classless and out for himself alone, it demonstrates where we are in the grander scheme of things. He needs out because he can see we're going nowhere fast. We haven't signed a player on his level since and it is becoming ever more clear that unless a player is in his situation - i.e. unattractive to bigger clubs than us because of off the field stuff - we won't be signing players on that level again.

So here we are then, a mid table club scratching around for young promising players hoping to strike gold enough times in quick succession to slingshot our way back in with the big dogs. Only took four years. If Lucas rediscovers his best form teams will be knocking next year. Sturridge and Coutinho will be potential targets too.

My belief is that we won't hit gold with incoming young players in the 5 - 12m bracket often enough to balance the outflowing tide. The long slow decline begins. At least we'll be profitable for the first part of it though, I guess there's that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Raif Severance

DEAR MR HENRY

Some of these quoted figures of 45m, 50m, 55m, 60m are unacceptable.

We should only sell this extremely valuable asset for no less than 70m.

The manager Rodgers was absolutely right about Bales estimation not being greater than Mr Suarez'.....should he move to Madrid for the reported figure of 85m then that's the price we should put on the player in question.

If you receive no bids close to that figure we want you to keep him at this club until he learns to be a good boy.

Things change very quick in football and players give up moaning after a like Ronaldo and Tevez.

The fans will NOT accept an easy ride for our rivals and we will not stand for this.

We are fully behind FSG and our fantastic manager Brendan Rodgers.

Recent Tweets.

Tony Barrett ‏@TonyBarretTimes
    Liverpool are now in a bad position. Even if they sell Suarez for 50m+ they know that top players aren't queuing up to join them.

Billy Liddell ‏@Liddellpool
    #LFC need to act quickly #newplayers

FutbolBible ‏@FutbolBible
    Suárez is without a doubt one of the best players in the world—his actions is what lets him down.

Blame Suárez ‏@Blame_Suarez
    I'd rather sell him to a foreign club for a fiver and a packet of strongmints, than sell him to Arsenal.

PLEASE SHARE THIS ON YOUR FACEBOOK AND TWITTER

MORE UPDATES WILL FOLLOW INCLUDING A STATEMENT FROM A WELL KNOWN SOS MEMBER

YNWA

http://www.70mforsuarez.com/

At the Bolded. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

Vicxas wrote: »
    All I know is that our star player wants away, and we really should have been on the ball looking for a replacement because this has been going on since the Confed cup

There is no direct replacement for Suarez. Not one thats willing to step down to a non-CL team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 676 ✭✭✭qvsr46ofgc792k

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    As much as Suarez is clearly classless and out for himself alone, it demonstrates where we are in the grander scheme of things. He needs out because he can see we're going nowhere fast. We haven't signed a player on his level since and it is becoming ever more clear that unless a player is in his situation - i.e. unattractive to bigger clubs than us because of off the field stuff - we won't be signing players on that level again.

So here we are then, a mid table club scratching around for young promising players hoping to strike gold enough times in quick succession to slingshot our way back in with the big dogs. Only took four years. If Lucas rediscovers his best form teams will be knocking next year. Sturridge and Coutinho will be potential targets too.

My belief is that we won't hit gold with incoming young players in the 5 - 12m bracket often enough to balance the outflowing tide. The long slow decline begins. At least we'll be profitable for the first part of it though, I guess there's that.

So true. Look at spurs, not a CL team either but yet they have been beating us to targets last year and signing quality again this year. So what's our excuse?

So true. Look at spurs, not a CL team either but yet they have been beating us to targets last year and signing quality again this year. So what's our excuse?

Not in London.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

I wonder why the top clubs bother with the bogus excuses, it's funny though.

Suarez picks up a "foot injury" in training.
    Bale picks up a "slight injury" misses the trip to France.
    Rooney picks up a "shoulder injury" in a behind-closed-doors game.

Right, so they all have picked up hugely innocuous injuries with no witnesses and all should be fit in a week or so in time to pass fitness tests at their new clubs.

As for Suarez, he changes his mind quicker than the irish weather.

Wants to leave England
    Hates English media.
    Wait, i want to play Champions League football.

I guarantee if some insanely rich Arab Sheikh bought Doncaster Rovers and promised him £300k a week the next excuse on the list would be:

Very exciting Project

Wish everyone would cut the crap, how hard is it for Rodgers to say he's been left at home because he's a money-grabbing nuisance with no loyalty. And how hard is it for Suarez to say he wants another juicy signing-on fee elsewhere and to get richer.

The politics in football actually make real politics less laughable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Spot on unfortunately :(

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

If he wants a taste of Champions League, loan him to FC Metalist Kharkiv with a recall option if they dont reach the Group stages.
    He can have his dream of playing in the Champions League, still play in the EPL, and play for a team whos name rhymes with what some would say would be decriptive of the man himself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 677 ✭✭✭FernandoTorres

Given that Suarez says that he was given a personal guarantee by Rodgers that he could leave if we didn't get CL, I wonder will Rodgers cone out and deny this as if it's not true its quite a dig at the manager and his personality.

Right, so they all have picked up hugely innocuous injuries with no witnesses and all should be fit in a week or so in time to pass fitness tests at their new clubs.

Wants to leave England
    Hates English media.

I guarantee if some insanely rich Arab Sheikh bought Doncaster Rovers and promised him £300k a week the next excuse on the list would be:

Very exciting Project

Wish everyone would cut the crap, how hard is it for Rodgers to say he's been left at home because he's a money-grabbing nuisance with no loyalty. And how hard is it for Suarez to say he wants another juicy signing-on fee elsewhere and to get richer.

There's nothing to suggest its to do with money, Arsenal are hardly famed for their megabucks contracts. It's to do with CL & ambition, it's always been to do with that.

If this latest move doesn't force the clubs hand, he'll hand in a transfer request. He's clearly desperate to get the **** out ASAP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

As is said above 'London' is one option. In reality location doesnt get sh1t done, Levy brought in Baldini for a reason. I think they will get a couple more players who are starters once Bale leaves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

The next couple of weeks will define exactly what the owners intentions/ambitions are with the club.

Also, just something that irked me reading through all of the posts from last night. Suarez said numerous things that he is going back on within months of saying them. He signed a contract he is now screaming to get out of. And of course we are only obliged to honour what the piece of paper that was signed says and no more.

BUT

You need to set your own ethical standard in life and ideally it will be higher than that maintained by those around you. If you shake someone's hand and promise them something you should honour it when the time comes to pass. Football is populated by a million sleazy and slimey people, but if our club or manager shook his hand and made a promise then it should count for something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 676 ✭✭✭qvsr46ofgc792k

Mr Alan wrote: »
    Horse****. There's nothing to suggest its to do with money, it's to do with CL & ambition, it's always been to do with that. He'll earn similar wages at Liverpool over the next few years to what he'll earn at Arsenal.

I agree.

But wouldn't it be great if Suarez joins Arsenal and they don't qualify for the Champions League?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭Paulegend

i say we make his transfer listing public(not that he hasnt tried already) and give teams a week to make a bid. make it public that we wont accept bids of under 55 million. tell suarez if we get a bid close to that amount we will accept but if not he has to stay another season or at least until january

with the suarez cash we can get a defender, a strong mid and a striker

defenders
    toby anderwald
    lloris
    papadapolus

mids
    de rossi
    james mccarthy
    Alonso
    Ericson

strikers
    Darren Bent(it would make me very sad)
    Defoe(equally sad)
    Benzema(if suarez goes to madrid)
    Martinez

we can get a defender for 10-15 million (papa was quoted around 12 afaik)
    mid could come in around the same price

meaning we would have about 20-35 million for a striker

doesnt matter what the names of the people we bring in are im just saying that letting the hassle leave the club could put us in a better possition

Mignolet
    Glen---Papa---Agger---Enrique
    DeRossi---Gerrard
    Coutinho
    Sturridge
    Aspas
    Martinez

jones,Kelly,Wisdom,Allen,Lucas,Alberto,Sterling

plus the skrtel cash can buy a new young striker in the borini mould:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,182 ✭✭✭Sappy404

ush wrote: »
    There is no direct replacement for Suarez. Not one thats willing to step down to a non-CL team.

You mean like Suarez did?

I'm not saying we have our pick of the world's elite, but there are deals out there that can get us back to that position. We just need to offer competitive wages compared to other clubs in our position for players at that level, and be clever enough to identify these players, e.g. by offering first team football to players who can improve our team but who are out of favour at better positioned clubs.

Also, just something that irked me reading through all of the posts from last night. Suarez said numerous things that he is going back on within months of saying them. He signed a contract he is now screaming to get out of. And of course we are only obliged to honour what the piece of paper that was signed says and no more.

BUT

You need to set your own ethical standard in life and ideally it will be higher than that maintained by those around you. If you shake someone's hand and promise them something you should honour it when the time comes to pass. Football is populated by a million sleazy and slimey people, but if our club or manager shook his hand and made a promise then it should count for something.

I'd agree. Rodgers should clear that up today hopefully.

Given that Suarez says that he was given a personal guarantee by Rodgers that he could leave if we didn't get CL, I wonder will Rodgers cone out and deny this as if it's not true its quite a dig at the manager and his personality.

This is the type of stuff that will end up in court.

Because if Rodgers said to him in August 2012, "Luis give me another season and if we are not in the CL, you can go", then that can mean 2 things:

a) Give me another season as in: 2012-2013 (the one upcoming)
    b) Give me another season as in: this is a project, one more after this and we'll be there.

Really dont think it matters now, mind, he's toast and position untenable at LFC, it's either Arsenal or hope Real Madrid or one of the moneybags Russians come sniffing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭BMJD

I don't think Arsenal fans should be getting too excited, they would find themselves in the exact same situation in a few months time when they go crashing out of the CL on a cold evening in the middle of Russia. The press will be blamed first, then he'll sulk and claim he was forced into moving there. And so on.

I honestly believe that Suarez has the mind of a adolescent boy, he wants everything his way, now. No interest in consequences or responsibilities.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

Wants to leave England
    Hates English media.

Very exciting Project

In fairness to Rooney though, he clearly has his sights set on another vacancy. This.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

DeRossi to Liverpool? I've heard it all now.

he has to go now its gone too far. but if arsenal are the destination it will have to be for over 50 million for it to be acceptable

• Registered Users Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

Players have ego's and as Spurs have put themselves in the running for fourth a few years running now players are more willing to take a leap of faith and join them believing they will be the player to push them over the finish line....... And the London thing.

If we could do the same, challenge for fourth, maybe win a cup it might be go some way to making us look a better bet to the Mikhi's and Soldado's.

This is the type of stuff that will end up in court.

Because if Rodgers said to him in August 2012, "Luis give me another season and if we are not in the CL, you can go", then that can mean 2 things:

a) Give me another season as in: 2012-2013 (the one upcoming)
    b) Give me another season as in: this is a project, one more after this and we'll be there.

Really dont think it matters now, mind, he's toast and position untenable at LFC, it's either Arsenal or hope Real Madrid or one of the moneybags Russians come sniffing.

And all LFC have to say is that he is free to go to wherever he likes once their valuation has been met. The £40m clause is a red herring, otherwise he'd be gone already.

:eek::pac::P

I love him, brilliant footballer. Never going to happen!

why not?? roma and liverpool are on good terms. derossi has been "for sale" all summer and reported interest from the likes of chelsea and madrid has dimmed down therefore why would it be impossible?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,281 ✭✭✭slingerz

I think the only way that Liverpool can play this and maintain the fan support is to go out and make some signings of resonance such as Papadopolous, Costa, Martinez, Eriksen etc.

FSG for me will need to spend whatever they receive for Suarez ( 45-50 million) plus an additional 20M on top of that on 4 to 5 players so that they can say that at least they have reinvested into the squad to make it stronger following his departure.

We all know that it may not be the case however and Liverpool end the transfer window with a net profit but an increasingly agitated set of fans.

Paulegend wrote: »
    why not?? roma and liverpool are on good terms. derossi has been "for sale" all summer and reported interest from the likes of chelsea and madrid has dimmed down therefore why would it be impossible?

You also have Benzema, Alonso and bleedin Lloris on your list.

Are you well?

Stop, stop, stop! You'll get my hopes up.

De Rossi would be a monster acquisition. Automatically would be our best player (assuming Suarez is gone). Warrior footballer capable of grabbing games by the scruff of the neck and would provide real steel in the middle. He'd really provide a platform for Lucas and Gerrard to do their best work. Just turned 30, so potentially two great seasons and a very positive contribution over four years. It would be amazing!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,182 ✭✭✭Sappy404

That would be like Roma buying Steven Gerrard.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,281 ✭✭✭slingerz

You also have Benzema, Alonso and bleedin Lloris on your list.

Are you well?

Its Tiago Ilori of Sporting thats on his list not Lloris.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,367 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

firstly, i'd just like to make it clear that i would have liked Suarez to stay.

it's incredible, not only to see the interview itself, but also to see the reaction of a section of our fans. if there's anything this Suarez saga has done, it has made clear the fans who will criticise the club for anything, and would rather assume that it fúcked up and believe a serial liar, than give the club the benefit of any doubt.

now, i'm fully aware that we are not where we would like to be as a club. we're not in the CL, we're on a cost-cutting exercise due to a variety of reasons, and we're desperate to get back amongst the elite. i'm also fully aware that we probably will not do this without players like Suarez in our ranks, hence why i would have liked him to stay.

but it flabbergasts me, and to be honest, it kind of enraged me, to see many people's first reaction to this be to criticise the club, when I'd have thought the first reaction of any Liverpool supporter should have been to condemn Suarez for his, quite frankly, despicable behaviour towards our great club.

i don't care about the goals he's scored. i don't care about his never-say-die attitude on the pitch. it pales into insignificance compared to the toeraggery he's indulging in at the moment, and the disrespect he's showing.

twice, we stood by him, fans and club alike. in the case of the racism storm, Kenny's reaction probably helped lose him his job. how anybody can do anything at the moment but have disdain for Suarez is beyond me. i can't fathom it.

don't forget, Suarez cited his family's safety as a reason why he thinks they should leave England. un-fúcking-believable.

he is now dragging the matter's intricacies into the press - the same press who were hounding him out of the country - and embarrassing the club at the same time. all while wanting to go to Arsenal, in London, where there is of course no media. un-fúcking-believable.

he should be sold abroad, or let rot in the reserves. i really don't care anymore. people can talk about 4th and what not, but this man does not deserve to be near our club. i actually feel incredibly stupid that I ever defended him on anything, purely because he's a great player.

how anyone believes anything he says at this stage is incredible to me. how this "promise" is being given any credence is quite baffling. if this promise exists, he'd be gone by now. plain and simple. plus, he would not need to bleat to the media in order to get what he wants. as others have said, a promise he gave to us - on a fúcking legal document - said he'd be with us until 2017. so he can fúck right off with his whining.

i think it's a sad indictment of modern football that he was cheered to the rafters at the weekend, despite the fact that it was obvious the man was going to go down a route like this. it's a sad indictment of us as fans, that many don't seem to give a shít about his character. the man has disrespected the club.

even Wayne Rooney - Wayne fúcking Rooney - keeps all his disputes with Utd between him and club without running to the press. at least he gives in a transfer request. that at least shows a modicum of respect.

none of this changes the fact that the club needs to be get players in; it just means we need 2 or 3 singings more than ever. as i've already said, if signings don't happen, then I'll be píssed, and will have lost a lot of faith in the current setup.

but that is for another day FFS.

the first reaction today should be anger at a player who blatantly doesn't give a shít. a man who would rather bleat to a press he professes to despise, a press, he says, he has to rescue his family from. a man who'd prefer to do this than be somewhat professional, show Liverpool some respect, and deal with it behind closed doors.

the man is classless, and i'm done.

Stop, stop, stop! You'll get my hopes up.

De Rossi would be a monster acquisition. Automatically would be our best player (assuming Suarez is gone). Warrior footballer capable of grabbing games by the scruff of the neck and would provide real steel in the middle. He'd really provide a platform for Lucas and Gerrard to do their best work. Just turned 30, so potentially two great seasons and a very positive contribution over four years. It would be amazing!

all he needs to do is pass this medical that he is booked in for on Friday #ITK

lloris
    slingerz wrote: »
    Its Tiago Ilori of Sporting thats on his list not Lloris.

:confused:

There's nothing to suggest its to do with money, Arsenal are hardly famed for their megabucks contracts. It's to do with CL & ambition, it's always been to do with that.

If this latest move doesn't force the clubs hand, he'll hand in a transfer request. He's clearly desperate to get the **** out ASAP.

Arsenal are hardly famed for £40m bids either. Wenger is clearly in a position where he has money, does he have time anymore? He's nowhere near as solid as 5 years ago, hence the glut of big money bids. Hefty signing on fee and similar wages to LFC and he comes out millions better off than if he stayed.

By the way ambition? That's a pretty lofty claim for someone with Suarez track record.

He screwed over Nacional by legging it to Groningen, despite Nacional sticking by him through his teens, headbutting refs etc. His ambition wasn't in evidence going to Groningen, he only did it to go anywhere in europe to be near his missus.

He then screwed them over by engineering a move to Ajax through the Courts, despite giving them 1 season and missing 4 games suspended.

He goes from a champions league club in Ajax to a non-champions league club in LFC. The logic there is "playing in a higher league". Fair enough. But he is now going from 1 premier league side to another not even guaranteed a place in the Champions League.

The one thing all his clubs have in common is that he comes in, gets into a shed load of trouble on and off the field, plays brilliant when not suspended, throws the toys out the pram, leaves and the clubs are always left with a profit.

I suppose it helps him feel vindicated playing hardball with the clubs.

Anyway you're very naive if you think this has NOTHING to do with money. Liverpool to Arsenal is hardly "ambition" it's a marginal step-up, some may argue sideways.

• Advertisement

daithijjj wrote: »
    As is said above 'London' is one option. In reality location doesnt get sh1t done, Levy brought in Baldini for a reason. I think they will get a couple more players who are starters once Bale leaves.

Spurs have been a better run club the past few years; a process thats been going on longer than FSG's tenure. They've played champions league more recently. They finished higher up the table the last four seasons. And I'm sorry to say it but location is also a factor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

BUT

I get what your saying LL......but Suarez cant have it both ways, he signed a legally binding contract to say he wants to stay with LFC and gets his wage hike and stay for 4 years. Thats not just a promise, its a declaration of his intent to stay.

So he basically wants to dishonor a legally binding document and honor a promise made by a guy he didn't know, at the time, thats just in the door?

His agents a shrewd guy, he should have that put in the contract. Its all just bull****......he wants out now and he'll say anything at this stage.

SlickRic wrote: »
    it's incredible, not only to see the interview itself, but also to see the reaction of a section of our fans. if there's anything this Suarez saga has done, it has made clear the fans who will criticise the club for anything, and would rather assume that it fúcked up and believe a serial liar, than give the club the benefit of any doubt.

well said, fwiw I think the club have handled this well. The one mistake I see is that BR started talking numbers and brought Bale's transfer fee into it, we all know Suarez won't go for anything near that so he has set himself up for a bit of a fall there

Once you've noted he's an utterly classless individual, what more is there to say? I don't really have a higher criticism than to label someone as such. Sitting around throwing rocks at him and engaging in adolescent revenge fantasies ('wouldn't it be great if he went to Arsenal and they didn't qualify for the CL!!') is pointless.

Like it or lump it, this is playing out ugly because of the position the club is in. If we had secured CL football, we would have secured better players already in the window and Suarez would be content to hold out for the Real type move.

SlickRic wrote: »
    the man is classless, and i'm done.

This is news to you?!
    He bite someone a matter of weeks ago...and it wasn't the first time he'd done it! :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,305 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Roma and Liverpool are in good terms as the same guy who own Roma has a stake in Liverpool

BMJD wrote: »
    I honestly believe that Suarez has the mind of a adolescent boy, he wants everything his way, now. No interest in consequences or responsibilities.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Attention_deficit_hyperactivity_disorder

NukaCola wrote: »
    I get what your saying LL......but Suarez cant have it both ways, he signed a legally binding contract to say he wants to stay with LFC and gets his wage hike and stay for 4 years. Thats not just a promise, its a declaration of his intent to stay.

So he basically wants to dishonor a legally binding document and honor a promise made by a guy he didn't know, at the time, thats just in the door?

His agents a shrewd guy, he should have that put in the contract. Its all just bull****......he wants out now and he'll say anything at this stage.

As I said, "if" such a promise was made. Suarez may very well be making it up. And of course he would renage on any promises to stay he made. But IF we made such a promise, not honouring it is not cool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

I hate to say it, but I agree with LuckyLloyd with regard to one thing. Losing out on Soldado to Spurs was an absolute crime. He is probably the last top-level player with a proven goalscoring record who we could have realistically signed. Instead, he has gone to one of our big rivals.

Make no mistake, Suarez is a toe-rag for creating all these lies and carrying on the way he has - but the board have had their head in the sand. Financial fair play and money ball are good things for 90% of the time. But if there's one area of the pitch where money shouldn't be an option, it's when you're signing a proven goal scorer.

Looking around at this stage of the transfer window, most strikers that were available have all found new clubs. Even if Rodgers was given £25M to spend - I don't see many proven targets who are looking for new clubs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

BUT

While I agree in principle with your point on honour, I doubt you are saying that we should sell him to Arsenal?

I dont think Liverpool thought that he would ever go to one of the teams that we are battling with for 4th position, hence the clusterfvck we are in at the moment. Even if it was to Chelsea/City or ManU, I would be happier as they already have a much better squads than the teams around us. It might push them further away from us, but realistically, we are not chasing them at the moment.

This is news to you?!
    He bite someone a matter of weeks ago...and it wasn't the first time he'd done it! :p

it's not news to me that he's classless.

i am somewhat flabbergasted that he's using the tactics he is to get what he wants. i would have thought the support shown to him over the last 18 months would've counted for something.

apparently not when it comes to his sort.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Roma and Liverpool are in good terms as the same guy who own Roma has a stake in Liverpool
    Of course we're on good terms, we've given them a pile of money for two of their duds (Aqua, Borini). I suppose we did get Doni, who was obviously worth that money alone.

Like it or lump it, this is playing out ugly because of the position the club is in.

no.

Suarez wants out because of the position the club is in (i.e. not in the CL).

it's specifically playing out ugly because of the type of person Suarez is.

While I agree in principle with your point on honour, I doubt you are saying that we should sell him to Arsenal?

I dont think Liverpool thought that he would ever go to one of the teams that we are battling with for 4th position, hence the clusterfvck we are in at the moment. Even if it was to Chelsea/City or ManU, I would be happier as they already have a much better squads than the teams around us. It might push them further away from us, but realistically, we are not chasing them at the moment.

The last thing I want is for him to go to Arsenal. That would be a disaster. But IF while signing the contract he looked BR and Ayre in the eye and said 'I play my heart out for you and if we qualify CL I stay but if we don't and a good offer comes in from a CL club I go' and they shook his hand and said yes well, then...

Because we could have faced down the saga last year and not made any such promise. It would have been the better thing to do.

sorry i thought i wrote llori??? sorry was on my phone. fecking keypad

derossi coming here would be exactly like gerrard going to roma IF gerrard was up for sale that is. derossi was put up for sale at the start of the summer because they need the cash. they also finished outside the champions league spits meaning he wont have champions league there either. he would be on "gerrard cash" though but he would be a beast and it would be an amazing midfield

alonso we could only attract with sentiment and if madrid where suarez's destination we could get him in a deal(like alonso plus 40 million type thing) similarly with benzema who would be a back up striker if suarez went there and being a 100k striker they might not want to keep him. maybe a loan move as part of a deal??

llori toby ericson and papa have all been interested in us

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement