Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/2014

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

EDIT! This is Hypothetical (Happy Princess ;))

So with this transfer request, what does it mean exactly for the fee. If we feel that another club is offering a too low a valuation, does the transfer request nullify that?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Raif Severance

If only he was RCB, we could have swapped Assaidi for him.
    Ez ‏@Number10Role 23m
    Feyenoord have made Bruno Martins Indi available for transfer (around €6m). If Liverpool are still looking to sign defenders, he's v. good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭mav79

After watching Uruguay, Suarez should cost more than Cavani. I know PSG have crazy amounts of money and they might have overpayed, but there was more than one club in for him.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭Courtesy Flush

Exactly , plus Torres never considered to be in the top 10 players in the world .

I would have to disagree with you there
    Between 2007-09 he was probably the best center forward in the world

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Well then they can't have him simples .

So you'd be happy with 40 - 50 million tied up in a player who doesn't want to play for you and contaminating the club with a bad attitude.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

mav79 wrote: »
    After watching Uruguay, Suarez should cost more than Cavani. I know PSG have crazy amounts of money and they might have overpayed, but there was more than one club in for him.

In that case a release clause was met. If Napoli had actually been looking to sell (had they needed the money) then he might have gone for less.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,674 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Vicxas wrote: »
    So with this transfer request, what does it mean exactly for the fee. If we feel that another club is offering a too low a valuation, does the transfer request nullify that?

Dont do that. I thought he'd atually handed one in!!

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Dont do that. I thought he'd atually handed one in!!

Fixed it for you :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

greendom wrote: »
    So you'd be happy with 40 - 50 million tied up in a player who doesn't want to play for you and contaminating the club with a bad attitude.

It wouldn't bother me at all , if he wants out the only way is to play out of his skin so the club will get an offer they can't refuse .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,657 ✭✭✭The Rooster

mav79 wrote: »

Suarez would have a higher valuation than Cavani..... if he wasn't a complete headcase.

opr wrote: »
    This could be just attention seeking stuff, I've no idea but this is the guy (@MartinCharquero) who did the one to one interview with Suarez a while back in which he talked about the press, Madrid etc. The original interview with him. He says he has been texting Luis.

On @MostarLFC timeline on twitter.

Opr

Here's a Twit from a supposed Uruguayan. Basically saying that the one OPR Quoted, is being Broadcasted by the Radio Stations there.
    Marcos - URUGUAY ‏@auxmanya91 57m
    @elko79 @MrPrice1979 @MostarLFC Okey men my english is poor i do what i can to inform, i a Suarez fan so i don't do anything to harm him

Marcos - URUGUAY ‏@auxmanya91 52m
    @MostarLFC I know they will not believe me, but you know that always i said you correct information about Suarez.

Marcos - URUGUAY ‏@auxmanya91 49m
    FANS OF LIVERPOOL DON'T BELIVE ME! BUT ALL RADIOS IN URUGUAY ARE SAYING THIS INFO!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

It wouldn't bother me at all , if he wants out the only way is to play out of his skin so the club will get an offer they can't refuse .

Even if his presence affects the rest of the playing staff.

Do you think Rodgers and the board will feel the same?

greendom wrote: »
    Even if his presence affects the rest of the playing staff.

Do you think Rodgers and the board will feel the same?

Yup because if his attitude becomes really septic . He can play with the reserves for a week or two . Any carry on and you can just fine him his wages .

LiverpoolFC News
    @LFCTransferNRS

Lucas and Suarez arriving in Bangkok.
    BQB1OU5CcAIo4Vs.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Here's a Twit from a supposed Uruguayan. Basically saying that the one OPR Quoted, is being Broadcasted by the Radio Stations there.

Have a look at this post:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=85690233&postcount=814

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

F*ck, look at Lucas' face...he wants out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭kevohmsford

Turtyturd wrote: »

Was just about to say this. His body language is not good news

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Was just about to say this. His body language is not good news

Cue Wenger bidding 2 cans of coke and a packet of crisps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,030 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Would you's relax, he's just off a plane. Id be more worried if he was showing that on the pitch.

Maybe Luis tried to take a chunk out of him on the plane .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

Cue Wenger bidding 2 cans of coke and a packet of crisps.

And a pound.

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭Yurt

The future of Roberto Soldado remains uncertain. #THFC failed to agree a deal and #LFC have stepped up interest. [Gary Jacob, The Times]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,178 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Sorry to cross from the arsenal forum but just browsing and saw this comment.

I think you're right but I also think it's a shrewd move.

Before I get shot down I saw my first Highbury match in 1973 under Bertie Mee so I've seen them through the clubs moral years. Young players beautiful football but no silver.

Arsenal have always been the bridesmaid especially in CL and Suarez is the sort of player who could easily make the difference. We lost RVP last year and it hurt but Suarez is a much more complete player and well worth the €50m tag no matter what we are smoking

I am concerned about his lack of loyalty to Liverpool but most world class players are temperamental and I'd certainly welcome the risk.

Not sure what you paid for him but if he is sold, between Torres and Suarez that's some transfer business

Thats a fair point. It must be '**** or get off the pot' time for Wenger at Arsenal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

Haven't seen Arda Turan mentioned in a long time. What kind of a season did he have at Atletico? Big Liverpool fan apparently, though he did say that at a time we were winning things and he was angling for a move here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Yurt wrote: »
    The future of Roberto Soldado remains uncertain. #THFC failed to agree a deal and #LFC have stepped up interest. [Gary Jacob, The Times]

4fbad462e20b0.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Haven't seen Arda Turan mentioned in a long time. What kind of a season did he have at Atletico? Big Liverpool fan apparently, though he did say that at a time we were winning things and he was angling for a move here.

Think he's fairly happy staying with Atletico for another season at least. Could take a fair wedge of money to get Atletico to even consider selling him as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,548 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Yurt wrote: »

How do these things actually go?

How do they 'step up interest'?

I dont understand why these things don't take 10 minutes over the phone.

"Is Player X for sale?"

"Only for €20m"

"Will ya take €15m?"

"No way"

"€18m?"

"Done"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

murpho999 wrote: »
    How do these things actually go?

How do they 'step up interest'?

I dont understand why these things don't take 10 minutes over the phone.

"Is Player X for sale?"

"Only for €20m"

"Will ya take €15m?"

"No way"

"€18m?"

"Done"

Problems arise when the bidding team only increase their offer €1 at a time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

OK Im away in Spain at the moment and trying to get a feel for Soldado from some friends over here, and have also taken the opportunity to get second opionions from friends of friends etc.

The common consensus is that when he is good he is good, and when he is bad he will go through a dry spell and not look dangerous - seems to be running hot and cold for Valencia and its felt that they are cashing in now.

The rumourder fee of 25mil+ but has been laughed at by the majority as being way OTT. I couldnt be arsed trying to explain the over infalted prices of the PL when compared to LA Liga.

Personally I thought he was better thatn that from what I have seen, but I have heard the same from a few over here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

Think I know where the £1 in the Arsenal offer came from.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-96964/Soccer-star-throws-coin-fans.html

I know they are tight with there money, but that takes the biscuit!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

Rumors going around that Arsenal are putting together an improved bid.

EgJZXJ7.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

In his 35(33 starts) league games last season, Soldado scored in 18 of them. 24 goals overall.

He had a slow start to the season, only scoring in one game (where he got a brace) in the first eight or so, but after that he scored pretty much every other game.

Scored in seven of his last eight league games, grabbing 10 goals, as well.

Personally, I think €26m is a fair deal as you know what you are getting. This man will score in the PL, of that I have little doubt.

really think this Suarez situation with Arsenal is just like the early moments of a bidding War.

Arsenal looking like the billy big balls with early bids then the price to rocket and Arsenal getting blown out of the water.

Yuuuuup.

I dont know what it is as I have always kinda been fond of Arsenal but something inside of me will get a bit of joy if they miss out on Luis.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

I really hope that the club arent solely focused on the Suarez situation at the moment, and our scouts are out their finding players that will make us better next year.

My worry is a lot of our resources will be tied up with this suarez bs, causing us to take our eye off the ball on signing other players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,296 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Would Soldado be a good replacement for Suarez? I really know nothing about La Liga. I dont feel good about splashing 26m on him though.

the so called list of players if Suarez does go is..

Soldado
    Muriel
    Lamela
    Papadopoluosouspopolousos

pie in the sky but that would soften the blow.

Leiva wrote: »
    the so called list of players if Suarez does go is..

Soldado
    Muriel
    Lamela
    Papadopoluosouspopolousos

pie in the sky but that would soften the blow.

Chatting to my cousin huge Serie A follower says Muriel is the guy to go for. He has the potential to be a world class centre forward. I watched the obligatory youtube video and he does look good. Probably cost near 20m.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Independent are saying that Suarez and his agent are still adamant that they're in the right with regards the clause, and want the PL to mediate the deal between Arsenal and Liverpool.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/luis-suarez-pins-hopes-on-premier-league-settling-liverpoolarsenal-standoff-8732679.html

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Leiva wrote: »
    OK Im away in Spain at the moment and trying to get a feel for Soldado from some friends over here, and have also taken the opportunity to get second opionions from friends of friends etc.

The common consensus is that when he is good he is good, and when he is bad he will go through a dry spell and not look dangerous - seems to be running hot and cold for Valencia and its felt that they are cashing in now.

The rumourder fee of 25mil+ but has been laughed at by the majority as being way OTT. I couldnt be arsed trying to explain the over infalted prices of the PL when compared to LA Liga.

Personally I thought he was better thatn that from what I have seen, but I have heard the same from a few over here.

Yes but we all know Spaniards are notoriously tight!

Seriously though, as you say there is a massive difference recetly between EPL fees and La Liga fees (bar the big 2 who obviously go for the best players).

I think Spurs are getting a proven goalscorer in his peak who will significantly improve their first XI. Would be delighted if I were them, and even if they think they overpaid 5 million euro or so - who cares? Their team is much better and I can't think of a better striker a non-CL team could attract

• Advertisement

rob316 wrote: »
    Would Soldado be a good replacement for Suarez? I really know nothing about La Liga. I dont feel good about splashing 26m on him though.

No.

But Soldado plus a attacking midfielder or winger of similar class should be able to account for the loss of Luis.

One would have to think that £25m is a slight bit steep when RVP went for a similar price last summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Blatter wrote: »
    Independent are saying that Suarez and his agent are still adamant that they're in the right with regards the clause, and want the PL to mediate the deal.

Imagine the meltdown on here if he ended up going to Arsenal for £40,000,001 on the back of a dodgy debatable contract clause.

The internet would explode

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

I wonder how Kenny must be feeling over this Suarez situation? He really went out on a limb for him!

Morzadec wrote: »
    Imagine the meltdown on here if he ended up going to Arsenal for £40,000,001 on the back of a dodgy debatable contract clause.

The internet would explode

If I was Brendan Rodgers, and that did happen, I would resign due to the incompetence of those at the club who offered Luis the contract.

Okay.

I wonder how Kenny must be feeling over this Suarez situation? He really went out on a limb for him!

I'm not sure Kenny would have the patience for this type of situation.

Sickened I'd say as are probably most old Pool players. Money in a lot of ways has ruined the game while also transforming it.

• Advertisement

Blatter wrote: »
    Independent are saying that Suarez and his agent are still adamant that they're in the right with regards the clause, and want the PL to mediate the deal between Arsenal and Liverpool.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/luis-suarez-pins-hopes-on-premier-league-settling-liverpoolarsenal-standoff-8732679.html

Isnt that a bit of a rag though?, dont think ive ever read much truth from that site/paper.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭Hoki

I could live with this

Luis Muriel + Eriksen + Cb = Suarez

Kenny would probably punch him next time he see's him .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Gutted, i feel for the man now. Hopefully the club takes a no nonsense stance on player behaviour now in extreme circumstances

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Hoki wrote: »
    I could live with this

Luis Muriel + Eriksen + Cb = Suarez

Muriel + Eriksen + Rami? or a realistic CB + another = Maybe.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement