Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/2014

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭IK09

Just my humble opinion on our current situation. With all the talk of 3 massive moves in the EPL, there are 2 or 3 players that are going to be shafted.

Bale: If Bale moves to real, i hear alot of people talking about Ronaldo heading back to Utd. Personally i dont see it. If anyone will be cast aside I reckon it will be di Maria.

Neymar: With Neymar moving to Barca, i reckon Sanchéz is in for a long spell on the bench. As far as i can see he was never going to fit the Barca system.

Rooney: To who? Chelsea? Who will be surplus at Chelsea? Or where ever he goes.

I think that these are the players that should be looked at. Have shown the quality needed, but havent found their place in the biggest teams in the world.

For the Accountants, they will certainly be available for un-extortionate prices, are young, and still have alot to prove. They are the guys who I can see really improving our class and being in there with the 1st team. They are certain to be unhappy where they are playing second fiddle and would relish the opportunity to shine and be apart of something.

If all else fails, buy Jackson Martinéz.

Im always skeptical of interviews, i never know if a quote is being taken out of context. But if those articles are true I hope Suarez spends the year in the reserves. No joke, let him rot there. He talks about honor?!?! Show him what happens to players who get too big for their boots.

I say a stint in the reserves, maybe until January would learn him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

mike65 wrote: »
    Worth reading for the reactions and seeing who has changed their views or not!

No point in going backwards. A large percentage of fans stuck by him through thick and thin.

It'd be like going back to the 1970s and seeing all the fans Gary Glitter, Jimmy Saville etc had and seeing what they thought of them then.

Point is it doesn't matter. We live in the moment. If we all knew then what we know now we'd have the same opinion.

I will say 1 thing though, if he ends up at the Emirates i dont think the Gooners fans will fall for his charm offensive quite as easily. The whole score a load of goals, kiss the badge, love the club bollix won't wash. They will always be wary of him and rightly so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

No point in going backwards. A large percentage of fans stuck by him through thick and thin.

It'd be like going back to the 1970s and seeing all the fans Gary Glitter, Jimmy Saville etc had and seeing what they thought of them then.

Point is it doesn't matter. We live in the moment. If we all knew then what we know now we'd have the same opinion.

I will say 1 thing though, if he ends up at the Emirates i dont think the Gooners fans will fall for his charm offensive quite as easily. The whole score a load of goals, kiss the badge, love the club bollix won't wash. They will always be wary of him and rightly so.

If he helps them maintain 4th place they won't be too concerned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    The last thing I want is for him to go to Arsenal. That would be a disaster. But IF while signing the contract he looked BR and Ayre in the eye and said 'I play my heart out for you and if we qualify CL I stay but if we don't and a good offer comes in from a CL club I go' and they shook his hand and said yes well, then...

Because we could have faced down the saga last year and not made any such promise. It would have been the better thing to do.

Rogders has already said they will sell him when a good offer for him comes. No team has made a good offer though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭Courtesy Flush

Rogders has already said they will sell him when a good offer for him comes. No team has made a good offer though.

Maybe he isnt as in demand as he thinks !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Raif Severance

First, it was a Clause in the Contract.

2nd, it was a Verbal Agreement.

Now it's a Handshake?

I just can't believe some of you. You are telling me that you put more weight to the Words of a Compulsive Liar?

Just to refresh your Memories a bit. This is what he said 8 Months Ago. 8 Months Ago, where we are Muck and nowhere near CL.

BRBesBECQAAaWl6.jpg:large

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

So long as he scores and tries to stay out of trouble I don't give a ****e. I fully expect him, if he signs, to be agitating for a move again in 2 years or less. We are playing with very expensive fire here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

Turtyturd wrote: »
    If he helps them maintain 4th place they won't be too concerned.

True though i'm in a small minority of people who think Arsenal are only a couple of signings away from a surprise title challenge this year. Maintaining 4th wont be high on their agenda by Xmas when they're sat top of the table.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

@SlickRic

For all Suraez related matters please consider yourself my spokesperson. I've agreed with just about everything you've posted so far :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 886 ✭✭✭witnessrenegade

Right so Suarez is off, you have 50 million to bring in player/players to get us knocking on the door of top four, who would you realistically buy?

Costa
    Muriel

Then with the money we supposedly have to spend on other parts of the squad

Papa
    Sissoko (Loan)

Anywhere else in the squad needed to be topped up??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭BMJD

I truly feel this is Arsenal's year. Signing Luis will be the best bit of business they do all Summer. Oh yeah.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,406 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Right so Suarez is off, you have 50 million to bring in player/players to get us knocking on the door of top four, who would you realistically buy?

Costa
    Muriel

Then with the money we supposedly have to spend on other parts of the squad

Papa
    Sissoko (Loan)

Anywhere else in the squad needed to be topped up??

I think we need to nail Eriksen down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,698 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

BMJD wrote: »
    I truly feel this is Arsenal's year. Signing Luis will be the only best bit of business they do all Summer. Oh yeah.

FYP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,367 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

also, if it was a "handshake", of all people to ask us to respect a handshake, Suarez would have some gall to claim it means anything.

True though i'm in a small minority of people who think Arsenal are only a couple of signings away from a surprise title challenge this year. Maintaining 4th wont be high on their agenda by Xmas when they're sat top of the table.

Looking at their thread you are far from alone in that view...and even underestimating them a bit according to the more deluded.

I think if you look at the Chelsea squad which is superior to Arsenal's and how far they were from winning the league it gives an idea of how far off Arsenal are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,182 ✭✭✭Sappy404

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Looking at their thread you are far from alone in that view...and even underestimating them a bit according to the more deluded.

I think if you look at the Chelsea squad which is superior to Arsenal's and how far they were from winning the league it gives an idea of how far off Arsenal are.

Which threasd is this? The 09-10 one? the 10-11 one?? The 11-12 one? Arsenal are one or two signings off a title challenge every year it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Raif Severance

SlickRic wrote: »
    also, if it was a "handshake", of all people to ask us to respect a handshake, Suarez would have some gall to claim it means anything.

Not to mention, the People asking that we should Honor that Figment of Imagination.

Believe me, they'll be the same People who would Moan the Loudest, if we sell him to Arsenal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭Corvo

The whole interview to me sounds like Suarez's agent may have pushed him into it as a last ditch attempt to keep Arsenal in the deal and force Liverpool to sell at the current price. I honestly don't think there is another top club in for him at the moment and maybe Suarez's agent felt that the Gunners were about to start looking at other targets now that we are fast approaching September.

Arsenal need Suarez to even think about challenging for the title.

Chelsea, City and United are still ahead of them, probably even with the addition of Luis.

pointless talk though; they're not getting him.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭Paulegend

well the bright side is we can leave controversy go with him. i honestly dont care how much we get for him as long as we get 3 proper replacements for the price

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

Sappy404 wrote: »
    Which threasd is this? The 09-10 one? the 10-11 one?? The 11-12 one? Arsenal are one or two signings off a title challenge every year it seems.

Likewise with Liverpool, for the last few years yas have been supposedly challenging for top 4 and havent really come close.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

The difference is that in previous years we weren't in a position to bid over 40 million for a player

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

pointless talk though; they're not getting him.

You don't think there is a chance the club will capitulate and sell him to them? I must say that I do. I don't believe anyone in football these days really, whether it be clubs, managers or players. It's all just spin and politics designed to get the best deal for themselves.

I think the club are hoping that a European team come in for him, but will sell to Arsenal citing team unity/harmony and so on, the need to move on, etc, if it comes to that. I think there is about 15% chance he will be at Liverpool at the end of the window, 25% chance he will be at a European club, and 60% chance he will be at Arsenal at this point, in spite of protestations.

A season long loan to Napoli is in everyones best interests.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

And have lost world class players in each of those seasons, well, Nasri not so much. It would be akin to Liverpool losing Gerrard, Torres and another very good player in 2007 and 2008. No title challenge but a good base and money to improve on.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Squad for tonight

The squad in full is: Jones, Enrique, Toure, Alberto, Gerrard, Aspas, Coutinho, Assaidi, Henderson, Coates, Downing, Spearing, Lucas, Mignolet, Allen, Borini, Sterling, Kelly, Flanagan, Ibe, Wisdom."

I'd see no more than 5 subs tonight, hopefully just the three. Players need to be playing as a unit by now.

I'd go for a staggered lopsided 4-3-3 to start

Johnson-Wisdom--Toure--Enrique
    Lucas
    Gerrard
    Hendo
    Coutinho
    Sterling
    Aspas

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,981 ✭✭✭doc_17

Suarez ya wee f**ker!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭PRAF

Paulegend wrote: »
    well the bright side is we can leave controversy go with him. i honestly dont care how much we get for him as long as we get 3 proper replacements for the price

If we sign Costa then I think we'll have plenty of controversy coming our way!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Gordon Taylor of PFA
    Suarez claims Liverpool are refusing to honour an agreement that allows him to join a Champions League side for a fee of over £40million, after they rejected an offer in excess of that amount from Arsenal.

Liverpool insist that, under the terms of the deal, they are under no obligation to sell and only have to inform the Uruguayan that a bid has been made for his services.

The Reds' owner, John Henry has said they will not sell unless their valuation is met, and Brendan Rodgers insists Suarez remains a Liverpool player.

Speaking on the Alan Brazil Sports Breakfast, Taylor desribed it is a 'delicate situation', he said: "These buy-out clauses have caused no end of problems in the past and they continue to do so because of the way they were drafted at the time.

"He believes the £40m amount that is mentioned, if that is offered that gives him the right to go.

"Liverpool, from their side, are saying that is a minimum figure from which they will consider negotiation and of course they will want to keep the player, unless they replace the player with someone as good or better, which is not going to be easy in a short period of time.

"There are different ways it can be interpreted. If it goes to the Premier League it will take time and the window is then closed. It is a delicate situation and we are trying to help.

"We have been asked to try and help to sort the situation out and we have been trying to do that.”

Interesting, while he would hedge his bets in conversation this looks better for LFC than Suarez.

screw arsenal if suarez does go there we will just buckle him and beat them to 4th anyway. sad club that are on the decline. they say they have cash but their actions arent speaking so loudly. i could sit here and tell you all that im a millionaire and could buy anything i want but its just posturing. after owen left i felt like crap. then torres left and i was devostated. i never fell in love with suarez but always thought he was great. i knew how great he was but i wouldnt leave myself feel for him the same way as i felt for torres. so when suarez does go i wont give a crap. we will have someone new to replace him. probably sturridge or coutinho hopefully someone new. who cares he moves on and so will we

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

Bit of website fluff to change the topic!

Brendan Rodgers believes summer signing Iago Aspas adds a different element to his Liverpool team and expects the Spaniard to score goals from any position this season.

In a chat with Liverpoolfc.com, the manager also delivered his verdict on the Reds' pre-season performances to date and his provisional team for the season opener against Stoke.

Liverpool have a fantastic fan base in Norway, how much are you and the lads looking forward to going over there?

Very much so - with the pre-season, as well as our preparation work for the new season, it's also been about bringing the club and the players to areas where we have great support and we're off the back of a wonderful tour to Asia, where the support was immense. I'm fully aware of our great supporters in Norway so we are really looking forward to bringing the team over there as part of our preparation.

Are we likely to see one or two changes in personnel, perhaps players who didn't play on Saturday getting a game on Wednesday night?

Yes, there has been a plan in place over the course of pre-season. There are some players who will play 45 minutes and obviously we have got another game at the weekend against Celtic. So we're having to taper the preparation. But it's also important that we get as many players game time as much as we possibly can.

The lads were extremely sharp against Olympiacos - how pleased were you with the overall display?

I'm very pleased in terms of the condition of the players. At a similar period last year, we're so far ahead in terms of the physicality, and it was interesting talking to a few managers and former players afterwards about how sharp and how fit the players look. But that's a testament to how hard the players have been working. It's also a great testament to the staff in terms of the detail that they put into the work, so we just have to keep it going so we can end up ending the pre-season as ready as we possibly can be for that first game against Stoke.

Five games, five wins, no goals conceded, seven different goalscorers - that must give you a great deal of optimism ahead of the new season?

This season is going to be a big year for us. There's no doubt last year was difficult, but I think we showed come the second half of the season the momentum of the team and everything picking up pace. We have continued with that over the course of the pre-season; the players are comfortable in the way of working and they understand my methods more and the model of which we are working. But make no mistake we are here to win this year. There is still a long way to go and a lot of work for us still over these next couple of weeks. But as I said, I have been very pleased with the quality of our game. The new players have come in and settled in really well and it gives me great encouragement going forward.

With two pre-season games to go, do you have it in your mind - injuries permitting - what your team would be against Stoke on August 17?

Yes, I have an idea. But my duty is for all the players, I need to ensure the group work - I am going to need every single one of them this season so it is very important that we are looking to narrow and finalise the team, but it will be about the whole squad this season every single day and every game. The duty is to take care of the group, and the group at the moment are doing very well.

Iago Aspas has certainly caught the eye in pre-season; he was desperately unlucky not to score at the weekend, he provided an assist. How is he setting into life at Anfield?

Very well, I can see that he loves being here. He has already thrown himself into the language. He is mixing with his friends very well, and you can see in and around the box he's exciting; he's got a nice touch, he can create something out of nothing - which I like, players that can do something a wee bit different. Overall, he and the other players have been very good.

Besides your good self and your scouting department, probably not a lot of Liverpool fans knew a great deal about Iago - but can you see the No.9 becoming a real Kop favourite?

He's certainly going to come into the squad, and I think what was important for us this year was to bring in players with that winning mentality and a fighting spirit. You see it with him every single day and in all the games, he is prepared to fight and run and work for the team. That can really help us get to where we want to get to. So align that with his quality, he's got an eye for a goal in whatever position he plays, he's quite flexible to play along the front line. But wherever he plays he will always be a goal threat and that was one of the aims this year, to bring in players that could add to our goal tally.

5starpool wrote: »
    You don't think there is a chance the club will capitulate and sell him to them? I must say that I do. I don't believe anyone in football these days really, whether it be clubs, managers or players. It's all just spin and politics designed to get the best deal for themselves.

while it is all about spin etc, i just don't see us being dumb enough to sell to Arsenal.

if it's over £60m, well then fair enough, but that's not going to happen, especially after this outburst.

i think it's in our best interests to keep him until a big club on the continent comes in. people may argue it's not good for morale, or the atmosphere in the dressing room. i don't subscribe to that. it could do the opposite. prove the guy wrong. put in a great season with or without him. we can't play him until mid-October anyway, even if we want to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Squad for tonight

The squad in full is: Jones, Enrique, Toure, Alberto, Gerrard, Aspas, Coutinho, Assaidi, Henderson, Coates, Downing, Spearing, Lucas, Mignolet, Allen, Borini, Sterling, Kelly, Flanagan, Ibe, Wisdom."

I'd see no more than 5 subs tonight, hopefully just the three. Players need to be playing as a unit by now.

Lucas
    Gerrard
    Hendo
    Coutinho
    Sterling
    Aspas

With the game against Celtic a week before the PL start I think we will see our best 11 on Saturday and a near-second 11 tonight.

Jones

Kelly
    Coates
    Wisdom
    Enrique

Allen----Henderson

Downing
    Alberto
    Ibe

Borini

PRAF wrote: »
    If we sign Costa then I think we'll have plenty of controversy coming our way!

yea its true. aparantly aspas is a bit nuts aswell and if we get papa:rolleyes:

hopefully they wont bring alegations of racism and do anything violent on teh pitch. we need to sack pascoe and bring in an assistant that will kick the players up teh arse if tehy get outta hand. rodgers is a great man manager but im not sure about his discipline policy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,981 ✭✭✭doc_17

It's only a matter of time until he leaves now. These things almost always end in favour of the player

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

Gordon Taylor of PFA

Interesting, while he would hedge his bets in conversation this looks better for LFC than Suarez.

... a little runt. He'll say anything to get his face on sky sports news

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Just saw someone on facebook say Spurs were great for getting as much of a deal for Bale as possible but LFC should let Suarez go

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,891 ✭✭✭✭klose

Squad for tonight

Lucas
    Gerrard
    Hendo
    Coutinho
    Sterling
    Aspas

Would like to see coates, seen a tweet from a guy at the open training and said he looked really good there. Would like to alberto behing the striker too. Gonna miss the game meself bah

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Just saw someone on facebook say Spurs were great for getting as much of a deal for Bale as possible but LFC should let Suarez go

Cool man, thanks for sharing. :)

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Gordon Taylor of PFA

Doesn't sound like he is backing him at all, just offering to mediate. There is a world of difference.
    while it is all about spin etc, i just don't see us being dumb enough to sell to Arsenal.

if it's over £60m, well then fair enough, but that's not going to happen, especially after this outburst.

i think it's in our best interests to keep him until a big club on the continent comes in. people may argue it's not good for morale, or the atmosphere in the dressing room. i don't subscribe to that. it could do the opposite. prove the guy wrong. put in a great season with or without him. we can't play him until mid-October anyway, even if we want to.

It's actually 29th September he would be eligible to return, but I have said that I also think the club should dig their heels in, even if it means selling him for 10m less in Jan or next summer. Even 60m from Arsenal (which definitely won't happen) wouldn't help in this window as we can't sent that on genuine quality that would come to us.

• Advertisement

doc_17 wrote: »
    It's only a matter of time until he leaves now. These things almost always end in favour of the player

But Modric Fabregas and 'Ronnie' show there is a precident for delaying inevitable.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Cool man, thanks for sharing. :)

On my phone, couldn't add the rolleyes smiley

Sorry ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Paulegend wrote: »
    screw arsenal if suarez does go there we will just buckle him and beat them to 4th anyway. sad club that are on the decline.

Why is this necessary.

It ensures that your posts are the only sad thing on the decline tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Gordon Taylor of PFA

As I said before, there is quite clearly a clause there for bids over £40m.

Why would Suarez and his agent have wanted a clause whereby Liverpool have to 'inform him' of the offer? Especially as the vast majority of players will know of a club's offer for them regardless.

The clause essentially means nothing if there is no obligation to sell and wouldn't have been of any interest to Suarez and his agent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

Is this evenings game on Tv

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Blatter wrote: »

Why would Suarez and his agent have wanted a clause whereby Liverpool have to 'inform him' of the offer? Especially as the vast majority of players will know of a club's offer for them regardless.

The clause essentially means nothing if there is no obligation to sell and wouldn't have been of any interest to Suarez and his agent.

Why hasn't he gone to court/the premier league then? There was talk of this clause for a good month now, you'd think he would have sorted it out far earlier if that was the case. Seem's fairly obvious to me the clause Suarez wants doesn't exist, that's why he is now peddling the "handsake" bull****.

doc_17 wrote: »

Yep, think its inevitable that he'll leave now. However, even in the worst case scenario, we'll have got 50 goals from him and will have almost doubled the price we paid for him. I wouldn't say that would be entirely in favour of the player.

This whole scenario will really show us what kind of management team we have at the club now. Can they maximise the price we get for the player? Can they ensure our interests our protected by not selling to a direct rival? Can they ensure we replace him with 2 or 3 players who can immediately improve the first XI?

IMO, if we get at least two of those things right, then the club's management team will have done well. If I was in Ayre's shoes now, I'd be ringing all of the big clubs in Europe and I'd be inviting them to the great Luis Suarez auction. Start a bidding war and flog him to the highest bidder. I'd also consider player + cash deals (e.g. Modric plus cash, Muller plus cash, Lukaku plus cash, hell I'd even consider Rooney plus cash!!).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 886 ✭✭✭witnessrenegade

Arsenal will need more than one player to challenge for the title, they barely got the top four last season with the players they have, it's Wenger's final season of his contract, it's a big season for him also, if no players come in and he does poor, he's gone next summer.

I think we all are hoping Real or another big club come in for him, offer 40/45 or more and we can be done with him, don't see him going to Arsenal even after all this. If he had a leg to stand on with the contract he would have been gone already, and if he wants to leave so much, how come he doesn't hand in a transfer request, it's all because he doesn't want to lose the loyalty bonus. I think we have all hardened up after Torres left, we have already began to look ourselves to who we can bring in, hopefully now this window is finished quickly and we can be done with it!

Blatter wrote: »

It's not in doubt that there is a clause. The question is what is in the clause. To my mind, it's entirely possible that Liverpool said there is no way we'll entertain a simple £40m release clause as it could mean selling to direct rivals. As such, they may have said they needed flexibility on the wording of the clause but that they'd be reasonable and flexible when the time came to sell (i.e. a legal clause and an additional gentlemans agreement to go with it). Obviously one man's 'reasonable' is another man's 'unreasonable'.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,302 ✭✭✭✭rob316

If a clause is there like Suarez says it should be cut and dry, the bid would have come in, Suarez would have been informed and it was left up to him.

Its all BS when you have to go to the media you apparently despise and beg to be let go.

I don't like this its messy, we clearly don't want to sell but could we use the funds to re-invest. I just want the right players not a rush job ala Andy Carroll.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement