Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/2014

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Why hasn't he gone to court/the premier league then? There was talk of this clause for a good month now, you'd think he would have sorted it out far earlier if that was the case. Seem's fairly obvious to me the clause Suarez wants doesn't exist, that's why he is now peddling the "handsake" bull****.

Possibly because it would be too drawn out to take to court and by the time it's resolved, the transfer window would be shut. It's a last resort and it wouldn't surprise me if he went ahead with it eventually.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭Paulegend

gosplan wrote: »
    Why is this necessary.

It ensures that your posts are the only sad thing on the decline tbh.

if you dont like what im saying then there is an arsenal forum you can go to if youd like:)

do you really think that if your team tries to get OUR player to force a move to ye that things wont get nasty??? amicable pfft

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

PRAF wrote: »
    Yep, think its inevitable that he'll leave now. However, even in the worst case scenario, we'll have got 50 goals from him and will have almost doubled the price we paid for him. I wouldn't say that would be entirely in favour of the player.

This whole scenario will really show us what kind of management team we have at the club now. Can they maximise the price we get for the player? Can they ensure our interests our protected by not selling to a direct rival? Can they ensure we replace him with 2 or 3 players who can immediately improve the first XI?

IMO, if we get at least two of those things right, then the club's management team will have done well. If I was in Ayre's shoes now, I'd be ringing all of the big clubs in Europe and I'd be inviting them to the great Luis Suarez auction. Start a bidding war and flog him to the highest bidder. I'd also consider player + cash deals (e.g. Modric plus cash, Muller plus cash, Lukaku plus cash, hell I'd even consider Rooney plus cash!!).
    Wash your mouth out, sir.

Thus is no place to talk about Rooney plus cash.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

5live wrote: »
    Wash your mouth out, sir.

Thus is no place to talk about Rooney plus cash.

FFS people, leave Rooney out of it. It's bad enough reading in here at the moment without that argument starting!

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Only four pages this morning, disappointing. I had five in the sweepstake.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Paulegend wrote: »
    if you dont like what im saying then there is an arsenal forum you can go to if youd like:)

do you really think that if your team tries to get OUR player to force a move to ye that things wont get nasty??? amicable pfft

But your spouting the same ****e in the arsenal thread, you're the only Liverpool fan coming across bitter and angry with nothing better to do than ridicule afc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,406 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Only four pages this morning, disappointing. I had five in the sweepstake.

Theres still 25 mins left in the moning ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

as much as I don't like Arsenal you can't really blame them for this mess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Ah, stop, will ya.

But your spouting the same ****e in the arsenal thread, you're the only Liverpool fan coming across bitter and angry with nothing better to do than ridicule afc.

what are you on about?? so i shouldnt be pissed with arsenal??

arsenal fans themselves are saying crap like "we're just waiting for suarez to force a move through"

if it was barca and cesc youd be bitching too so dont give me that crap. yea i think arsenal are playing the bad guy. suarez is a tool also but arsenal arent blameless. so what would you have me say?? would you prefer i felt sorry for ye??

as i said plenty of times at this present second in time the two clubs liverpool and arsenal compared, liverpool can finish above arsenal easily. we have ye in our 10th game and we could be already well ahead of ye by then

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

Will be interesting to see what BR says on this in the coming days following the game tonight and the Celtic game at the weekend. Probably f&ck all or just give a standard press answer but you never know.

Also will be very interesting if Suarez were to play in the Celtic game....the reaction of the fans. So far the fans have been cheering and supporting him as recently as Mondays open training at Anfield. I cant see the same warm reception now.....another excuse for him to leave!

gimli2112 wrote: »
    as much as I don't like Arsenal you can't really blame them for this mess.

so they are blameless?? you think they havent talked to his reps?? they arent waiting for him to force a move so theyll get him for a lower price than his value??

do i think they instigated the move?? probably not

but they are not blameless

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Yes, this is ALL Arsenal's fault. We're not only a disgusting club but also a sad one in decline, as you've said.

Anyway, be sure to let us all know how you got on when the Junior Cert results come out next week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

what are you on about?? so i shouldnt be pissed with arsenal??

arsenal fans themselves are saying crap like "we're just waiting for suarez to force a move through"

if it was barca and cesc youd be bitching too so dont give me that crap. yea i think arsenal are playing the bad guy. suarez is a tool also but arsenal arent blameless. so what would you have me say?? would you prefer i felt sorry for ye??

as i said plenty of times at this present second in time the two clubs liverpool and arsenal compared, liverpool can finish above arsenal easily. we have ye in our 10th game and we could be already well ahead of ye by then

Are arsenal making him force a move? Read Wengers interview this morning, he is saying nothing about it, look your fellow supporters are even embarrassed by your delusion, now where is that ignore button.

Yes, this is ALL Arsenal's fault. We're not only a disgusting club but also a sad one in decline, as you've said.

Anyway, be sure to let us all know how you got on when the Junior Cert results come out next week.

on the decline yes i think they are

sell top players every season and this season ye sell yer world class player...................... ah............ am.......... oh yea ye dont have any left

therefore decline. when ye sign someone of note ill be happy to retract my statement but right now yer club is on teh decline. ye dont even play the pretty football ye claim to anymore
    Are arsenal making him force a move? Read Wengers interview this morning, he is saying nothing about it, look your fellow supporters are even embarrassed by your delusion, now where is that ignore button.

you dont have to respond if you dont like what im saying. im not here to say things to make people happy. im saying the truth. what you getting so testy about??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

From top sport lawyer Ian Lynam
    Ian Lynam @ianlynam 58m

Suarez argument re. L'pool's verbal undertakings is a non-runner. Contract includes an "entire agreement" clause, excludes prior verbal agt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

So, to change tack, we should have a couple of bids into Anzhi today, yes? Willian, Zhirkov and Eto'o would interest me at the very least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

There's that telling someone you're putting them on ignore again.....insert Jackie Chan meme.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Well when he brought his employer to court in Holland they ruled against him. Going on what Taylor said the same would happen again.

Bringing two clubs to court or biting two players, which is worse in the moral stakes?

What a silly post.

Everyone knows the JC results don't come out until September ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 886 ✭✭✭witnessrenegade

Why would you want to sign Eto'o? 32 and on mental money, he doesn't fit the FSG plan! If we were signing anyone who is 32 it would have to be the Zlatan!

RasTa wrote: »
    Well when he brought his employer to court in Holland they ruled against him. Going on what Taylor said the same would happen again.

Bringing two clubs to court or biting two players, which is worse in the moral stakes?

only problem is that if he does go down the legal route could we really play him again

he is really starting to irritate me

wish i was getting me fricken junior cert results. sadly no im not that young im just hungover and pissed with reading the papers this morning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    So, to change tack, we should have a couple of bids into Anzhi today, yes? Willian, Zhirkov and Eto'o would interest me at the very least.

Now why on earth would you post this rhetorical question, is it so you can come back later and make a pointless point about lack of ambition?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Devilman40k

only problem is that if he does go down the legal route could we really play him again

he is really starting to irritate me

Only starting to now?? he's been getting on my nerves since the Evra handshake incident!

He can't be trusted, he's imbalanced and even though he is technically one of the best players I've ever seen in a red shirt he is an embarrassment to the club.

We really should have seen all this coming based on past experience

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Suarez is a horrible little so and so, but it's easy to put aside when he's banging in braces for us. I can't see my love stretching far if he's not playing for Liverpool. This doesn't make me hypocrite, that's give and take. He has no future at Liverpool after this, but it needs to be sorted the right way.

Why would you want to sign Eto'o? 32 and on mental money, he doesn't fit the FSG plan! If we were signing anyone who is 32 it would have to be the Zlatan!

The FSG plan is a load of bollocks. Eto'o still scores goals. He would make us instantly better.

Only starting to now?? he's been getting on my nerves since the Evra handshake incident!

He can't be trusted, he's imbalanced and even though he is technically one of the best players I've ever seen in a red shirt he is an embarrassment to the club.

We really should have seen all this coming based on past experience

yea well we all know if it was lucas or spearing or even big andy who did the things he did they would have been sacked let alone sold

he is an amazing player and its sad that it has come to this. i just really hope that we have someone in charge of disciplining players from here on out. we cant have this kind of stuff happening again when he goes

mike65 wrote: »
    Now why on earth would you post this rhetorical question, is it so you can come back later and make a pointless point about lack of ambition?

Do you not think we could use Willian and Zhirkov? The former would fit the 'FSG model'.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Raif Severance

You just told someone that it was unrealistic to sign De Rossi, but now you want Eto'o?

FYI, Eto'o currently makes €20M a Year.

Most of the Anzhi Players will have to take a Massive Paycut, inorder to join us. 'Cause I doubt we'd offer anyone of them, more than 120K.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

Jamie Redknapp says he's bringing an attitude with him to training now. Disappointing, but not surprising. Just makes me angry that we stood up for him through all his disgraceful behaviour previously.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11670/8858581/luis-suarez-showing-lack-of-liverpool-respect-says-jamie-redknapp
    "My one question is why would Liverpool sell Suarez to Arsenal unless he forces the move through?

"I've heard that he is training poorly, he's not very happy and he's making his feelings known. I don't quite see why because Liverpool have looked after him and treated him unlike anyone else.

"Champions League football is always a good excuse - Fernando Torres used that as an excuse as well - and it all boils down to money.

"It's a sad situation given all the support they've given him. Kenny Dalglish pretty much lost his job for supporting Luis Suarez and Brendan Rodgers did it again with the biting incident.

"He should show more respect to the football club because they've protected him and gone beyond the call of duty in doing so.

"We'll have to wait and see where he ends up but I'd be surprised if they do sell him to Arsenal because they're rivals for the top four."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

Turtyturd wrote: »
    A season long loan to Napoli is in everyones best interests.

If it meant not signing for Arsenal I would go for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 886 ✭✭✭witnessrenegade

The FSG plan is a load of bollocks. Eto'o still scores goals. He would make us instantly better.

His wage alone is a no no, and theirs not enough years left in his tank to make any sense, Anelka can still score goals, should we go went for him? No

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Devilman40k

jenno86 wrote: »
    If it meant not signing for Arsenal I would go for it.

And don't forget to add the buyout clause of £40,000,002 if they qualify for the CL in 2014/2015

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,302 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Do you not think we could use Willian and Zhirkov? The former would fit the 'FSG model'.

Any player that goes to Anzhi I have zero interest in as they have zero interest in there football just there bank balance.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

So much for everyone claiming that Suarez would give his all no matter what happens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

Have you guys actually watched Eto play for Anzhi?

He strolls around the pitch acting the Bertie Big Bollock and does absolutely nothing. Eto effectively retired by signing that contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Raif Severance

T-K-O wrote: »

He strolls around the pitch acting the Bertie Big Bollock and does absolutely nothing. Eto effectively retired by signing that contract.

LLoyd probably forgot our Europa Games against them.

I wouldn't be interested in bring Eto'o in considering the wages he'd want. I'm sure there are some players at Anzhi though that would do a good job for us, and if available we should at least be looking or enquiring.

listen bitterness against arsenal for this saga aside

we cant sell to them as they are the weakest top 4 side(no offense meant)

United are the current champions and will sign someone looking like it will be fellani

city have signed a few and will keep signing

chelsea hjave rooney in sights but i think they will go after a couple more and with the jose factor they will challenge

therefore arsenal who have only lost players have to be considered the weakest top 4 side.

spurs have brought in players and will bring in more with the bale cash so at the moment arsenal will be looking to battle for 4th

our aim has to be 4th also therefore they are direct rivals. if we sell to them they get a 30 goal striker and we lose a 30 goal striker. that means they are 60 goals better off than us. so to sell to them it has to be for a significant amount and all this crap about forcing a move through is going to make things very very bitter between the clubs and their fans

for example could you imagine the rvp took arsenal to court to force through his move to united.............................

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭El Inho

Anyone who thinks eto is a plan actually knows zilch about football

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,302 ✭✭✭✭rob316

T-K-O wrote: »

Don't even try to reason with them, they wont be happy till Rafa/Kenny is back in charge and the club is swimming in debt to crave the appetite for short term success.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

Lets face a fact i think. Anyone decent who plays for Anzhi has a certain priority in the game, and it aint 'projects' or less wages, which happens to be the 'fix' LFC is selling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭Corvo

PRAF wrote: »
    Yep, think its inevitable that he'll leave now. However, even in the worst case scenario, we'll have got 50 goals from him and will have almost doubled the price we paid for him. I wouldn't say that would be entirely in favour of the player.

This whole scenario will really show us what kind of management team we have at the club now. Can they maximise the price we get for the player? Can they ensure our interests our protected by not selling to a direct rival? Can they ensure we replace him with 2 or 3 players who can immediately improve the first XI?

IMO, if we get at least two of those things right, then the club's management team will have done well. If I was in Ayre's shoes now, I'd be ringing all of the big clubs in Europe and I'd be inviting them to the great Luis Suarez auction. Start a bidding war and flog him to the highest bidder. I'd also consider player + cash deals (e.g. Modric plus cash, Muller plus cash, Lukaku plus cash, hell I'd even consider Rooney plus cash!!).

SOLD!

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Shankly Gates

listen bitterness against arsenal for this saga aside
    our aim has to be 4th also therefore they are direct rivals. if we sell to them they get a 30 goal striker and we lose a 30 goal striker. that means they are 60 goals better off than us. so to sell to them it has to be for a significant amount and all this crap about forcing a move through is going to make things very very bitter between the clubs and their fans

That would only put them 30 goals ahead of us. We aren't conceding goals with the loss of Suarez ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,139 ✭✭✭flanzer

El Spearo wrote: »
    Anyone who thinks eto is a plan actually knows zilch about football

But they're experts in FM

That would only put them 30 goals ahead of us. We aren't conceding goals with the loss of Suarez ;)

no but we are also missing the 30 goals that he would score for us meaning that we would be 60 goals less off than arsenal:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Shankly Gates

no but we are also missing the 30 goals that he would score for us meaning that we would be 60 goals less off than arsenal:rolleyes:

Suarez leaves Liverpool. Scores 0 goals for Liverpool.
    Suarez joins Arsenal. Scores 30 goals for Arsenal

Liverpool = 0
    Arsenal = 30

We aren't getting negative goals when he leaves so the difference is 30.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

On the bus up to Oslo. A fair few Celtic fans over in Gothenburg for their match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,367 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

no to Eto'o.

obviously.

he's not the 2006-2009 version, and is old. why would we want him?

if you just want people to improve us, there are a fair few other players around Europe who are younger, better and far cheaper.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement